Vampires Aren't The Only Thing Going To Hurt You

Chapter Five: Good morning

The next morning Kinz and Linn pulled their tired bodies from the soft bed. Each pulling on pants and a shirt before going to the kitchen.

Two of the eldest and three of the youngest were already at the table. Cole, one of the oldest, sat, attacking several slices of toast with a fury. More werewolf then others, he stood almost to his fathers height, but had more of his mothers french features, with both of their protective habits. Evelette sat across from her litter mate, looking a little disgusted, sipping a cup of tea. More vampiric then some of the others, she had problems keeping solid food down. With more of her fathers Transylvania features. Petri, the runt munched on toast, sipping a coffee. He was born last and was the smallest of all his siblings. His ear length black hair fell around his face like a curtain, much like his father tended to do, when his mother wasn't looking. Darren and Zane, identical twins fought over a slice of toast. Their matching shaggy hair moving as they did.

Linn smiled at her family acting like a family again, and not some perfect royal family they pretend to be at public functions.
Lilith, looking more then half asleep stumbled in to the kitchen, in pj's. She poured a cup of tea and sat by her sister Evelette.

"She's your child," Kinz mumbled in her ear. Lilith, like Linn, had never been a morning person.

"They all are. If I wasn't such a hybrid I'd have the stretch marks to prove it," Linn said, pouring a tea for her self, before sitting at the head of the table.

"You're cranky," Kinz said sitting in the chair next to Linn's.

"Yes I am. Yesterday was my wedding day, and stupid fuckin' werewolves, tried to kill me and my husband, and possibly my children," she said taking big sip of tea. Kinz kissed the top of her head and she leaned against him. "I'm worried," she said softly, so only he could hear.

He wrapped his arm around her, "It's okay, my love, I am too,"

Dalton, the last of the eldest, walked sleepily into the room. After getting himself a coffee, he sat near his father.

"So what are you two doing for your anniversary?" he asked. A little known fact was that, Kinz and Linn we're not married on the night before yule, but on the day of yule.

"I think we're just going to hang around. It's to dangerous to leave. And we could leave you kids by your selves in suck a predicament," his mother told him.

Shortly a cook came out and placed two large plate of pancakes, one plate of bacon and one of sausage. Together they ate. Then off they went in other directions. Everyone save Natalie, whom ran way again a week or so ago. Linn and Kinz ached deeply for her return, but knew the wolf in her needed the open for a while. She would be home soon. but not soon enough.

Kinz and Linn, snuck off to the south trait. It was their second bedrooms. Is was done in lavish reds and blacks, with satin and velvet. It had been their anniversary gift to them selves a hundred or so years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?