This Is The Dawning Of The Rest Of Our Lives

Chapter XVII - Wow

I was laying on Tré’s bed, flipping through a magazine. Suddenly, without warning, Tré jumped onto the bed, and so on top of me. I gasped and let go of the magazine, causing it to fall onto his face before sliding to the floor. I chuckled at the look on his face.
“Did you really have to do that?” I questioned, trying to push him off. Instead, he wrapped his arms tightly around me.
“Hi,” he smirked. I laughed and stroked his cheek.
“Hey,” I said, smiling as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.
“Hugh whonna com to the mhoosic stoow?” he asked into the pillow.
“What?” I chuckled, turning my head a bit. He lifted his head and looked at me.
“You wanna come to the music store?”
“Is that why you attacked me?” I giggled. He grinned.
“Uhu. So you’re coming?”
“Sure…why d’you need to go there?”
“I need new drumsticks.”
“Again?” I asked.
“Yeah...I drum a lot youknow,” he said.
“I had no idea,” I said, fake gasping.
“Ha…ha…very funny,” he said, sticking out his tongue. I grinned.
“You still love me.”
“Oh do I?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.
“Hmhmm,” I said with an annoying smile.
“Okay, okay, cut it out already!” he laughed. “I do love you,” he added, quickly kissing my lips. My smile turned back to normal and I looked into his eyes.
“And I love you,” I said, putting my hand on his cheek, stroking it with my thumb. He smiled.
“I love you even more when you do that,” I whispered, slightly grinning. His smile broadened before turning into a smirk. I giggled.
“Now let’s go get your drumsticks before the store closes.”

I was looking at the guitars while Tré went to the counter to ask for a specific sort of drumsticks he apparently couldn’t find.
There were some nice guitars, but none of them really seemed to have that ‘feeling’ Jingle had. I swallowed at the thought of Jingle and smiled a bit.
“Hi again,” came Tré’s cheery voice, and I looked at him.
“You okay?” he asked. How is it he always seemed to notice everything about me?
“I’m fine…just thinking a bit, that’s all,” I said. He smiled a little and pulled me close against him. I leaned against him and kissed his cheek.
“Got your sticks?”
“Yep,” he said, holding them up. “You saw anything nice?” he asked.
“Nah, not really…They’re nice,” I said, nodding to the guitars, “but yeah. There’s something missing youknow?”
He nodded.
“Wow,” I said, my eyes suddenly caught by a gorgeous guitar that was standing in a corner.

TRÉ’S POV

I removed my hand from Jessie’s hip as she walked closer to a guitar. Whoa, talk about love at first sight…I’d never seen her look at anything that way before.
I followed her, taking a good look.
“It’s nice,” I said, looking at the deep red Fender. A Stratocaster again. Could’ve been expected.
I quickly checked the price tag. It was affordable! It’d take some time and effort, but with our jobs and mom and dad’s help we’d be able to buy it and make Jessie very happy. Hopefully before someone else would buy it…
“I’d love to play on that beauty…”she mumbled. She was completely captivated, her eyes flowing over the strings with an admiring look. She wanted that guitar, and she was going to get it. I was going to make sure of that.