Give Me a Reason to Believe

Chapter Eleven

"Hey Lena," panted Gerard.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked.

"To be honest, excruciatingly bored. How about you?"

"I'm bored as well... what say you, me, and the boys go and have some good old fashioned, innocent, free fun?" I asked.

"Soouuunds like a plan."

We ran back to Gerard's house to drag Mikey away, and ran to Ray's house, cause he was the closest.

"Lena, you're lightest, I'll give you a boost to Ray's window," said Gerard.

"Why don't we just knock on the door... it's like 7 o'clock... and he's not grounded or anything..." I replied uneasily.

"Because we're supposed to be having fun. Now go," he said with a mischievous grin.

I groaned and put my foot in the stirrup Gerard had made of his hands. He hoisted me up to the window ledge, and I pounded on the pane.

Ray walked up to his window, peered down, and looked embarrassed, shocked, and quite tickled.

"What the hell are you guys doing??" he asked, laughing.

"We're coming to get you. Come on, we're gonna go have some fun," I replied with difficulty. Gerard wasn't that strong, and I was basically holding myself up on the window ledge with the strength of my arms--which wasn't all that much.

"Okay, the last time I went to have FUN with Gerard, I ended up getting kidnapped, blindfolded, and left somewhere dangerous," he said grudgingly.

"Yeah, well, you WANTED a surprise..." mumbled Gerard.

"Just come down, I have a feeling Gee can't hold for much longer," I said quickly.

"Alright, alright..."

Gerard let my foot drop out of his raised hands, caught me and steadied me. Ray finally got his shit together and came down, and we ran to Bob's.

"Alright, whose going up this time?" I asked.

"I'm too tired to hold anyone else up," whined Gerard.

"I'm too tired to hold MYSELF up again," I said, with a glare towards Gerard.

All three of us looked at Mikey in unison.

"Ooh, no, you are NOT getting me up there. Remember what happened LAST time Ray tried to lift me up? And nobody signed my cast..." he whined, backing away.

"Okay, what the hell did you guys DO for fun before I met you???" I asked.

"Doesn't matter. Let's go, Mikes!" Ray said, and before Mikey could squeal and run like a little girl, Ray had him on his shoulders, and was walking towards the house.

After we got Bob down, we had to tackle the obstacle known as Frankie.

That's why we got Bob before Frankie. Bob's all muscle. He can handle Frankie if he gets out of hand.

We were prepared.

I got on Bob's shoulders, and he walked over to Frankie's window. It wasn't that high off the ground, in fact, Bob could have reached up and knocked on Frankie's window easily, but I guess this was more "fun"...

I knocked on the window, and Frankie ran to it. He threw it open and looked down.

"Oh my god what are you guys doing? I just ate a whole bunch of skittles and mom got mad cause I don't want dinner now so she sent me to my room but I just have more skittles up here so I don't know what that's going to accomplish but I'm really bored now since I seem to have more energy than normal so I was just going to call one of you guys but none of you were home and I guess this is why what's up?" He said. All in one breath. Yeah, I was glad we had Bob.

"Come down here, we're going to have some fun," said Bob.

"Fun? I'm always up for fun. What are we waiting for let's go have some fun guys wait where are we having fun if we're not going to the park I don't want to go because they got a new swing set and I'd love to climb to the top of it and spit down on something come on guys lets go to the paaark," he said, beginning to get excited.

"Okay, Frankie, we'll go to the park, just come down here," said Mikey.

"SWEET!" screamed Frankie. And before any of us could stop him, he jumped out his window and rolled onto the grass. I'm pretty sure I heard a pop or something. He groaned.

"Ah, Frankie, you sweet little dumbass," said Ray.

"May.....have......collapsed.....lung.....must....go....to.....PARK!" gasped Frankie, as he rolled right back up onto his feet. We all ran to the park.

As soon as we got there, the other 4 boys ran to the jungle gym, swearing, yelling, and pushing at each other.

Me and Gerard just decided we'd keep and eye on them from the swingset. Frankie went down the slide on his back, head first. He bumped his noggin on the bottom of the slide and rolled into the sand. He quickly forgot his pain and started throwing sand everywhere. Mikey came down the slide next. He ran right into Frankie. His glasses flew clean off his face.

"Frankie! What the hell! Standard playground rules, no matter WHO is at the top, you NEVER stay at the bottom of the slide!!!" he yelled.

Frankie looked at Mikey.

We looked at Frankie.

Frankie glanced at us.

I looked at Frankie's hand.

It was full of sand.

Frankie looked at Mikey.

I looked at Gerard.

Gerard looked at Frankie.

We both got up and bolted towards him, hoping to stop him from--

Ah, shit.

Too late. He'd thrown the dirt right at MIkey, and it got in his mouth and eyes and hair.

"Frankie!!!! I WILL END YOU!!" he yelled.

The younger boy ran away squealing, and Mikey ran after him, blindly, for he hadn't picked up his glasses.

Frankie realized this.

He ran straight for a tree, and just before hitting it, he veered to the right...

So that Mikey ran into it instead.

"Mikey!" Gerard laughed. He ran up to his brother, who was holding his head with one hand, and reaching out for his glasses with his other. I brought them to him and he took them gratefully.

Just then we heard a noise behind us. Oh no. Ray and Bob were on the jungle gym, arguing about God knows what, and they had gotten physical. I groaned. I had to laugh though, they looked so funny, arguing in a playground. Like little kids.

"I'll go up there, you stay down here and make sure Mikey doesn't kill Frank before you do," I grinned. He complied.

I ran up the stairs of the jungle gym, and asked the boys what they were fighting about.

"Ray things global warming is caused by the exhaust from cars, and I think its caused by greenhouse gases," said Bob, with an accusing finger pointed at Ray.

"Oh wow. Uh, you guys, you're both right. Greenhouse gases ARE things like car exhaust, and how the hell did you get on a topic like this?" I tried my hardest to keep a straight face.

They looked at me "angrily". I knew they weren't serious. They just wanted to have fun. All of us did.

"Don't you tell me that I'm wrong! He's wrong! And you're wrong!!!" yelled Ray, and he pushed me backwards.

Right down the slide.

I screamed the whole way, since I was going down the same way Frankie had earlier. I managed to flip myself over just before flying over the edge...

And right into Gerard.

Apparently he'd heard my screaming and came to the rescue. I landed right on top of him, and his arms wrapped around me, making sure I didn't hit the ground. I smiled and kissed him softly.

"Thanks for saving the damsel in distress," I said with a smile.

"What prize does this brave knight get for rescuing the damsel?" he asked.

"Why, he gets his princess," I said in barely a whisper.

He grinned and kissed me again, longer this time. By now, the boys had gathered around us and were kicking sand on us. It went unnoticed, we were lost in each other.

I had so much sand in my hair by the time we broke the kiss. Oh well. Sand washes out. After becoming a gritty muddy paste, coating the scalp. Eew.

It was worth it. We were slowly strengthening our bond. Neither of us doubted how we felt now. This was the greatest day.

"Uh, guys, I have sand in my hair," said Ray. He shook his mane and little grains fell everywhere.

"And I have it in my shoooeeesssss," whined Frankie.

"Okay, time to go boys," I said.

We were all walking home tired, dirty, and grinning fit to split.

No matter how many mishaps we'd had today, there was no denying it was fun as hell.

I couldn't wait for what tomorrow would bring with these boys.