Give Me a Reason to Believe

Chapter Eight

When we got back to the house, Mikey and Bob were up, but Ray and Frankie were nowhere to be seen. I guessed they were still sleeping.

“What’s up, guys? Gerard, where did you go? What have you been up to? I demand an explanation!” Mikey said jokingly. He had an expression of mock indignation and I had to laugh. He could be cute sometimes. I started to feel as if he was my own little brother.

“Kindly shut up, little brother. We were merely strolling about town, as my lady needed a tour of our fine city, I was playing the gentleman and escorting her about. Need I go on with further details?” said Gerard in such a head on imitation of a proper British man that I thought was absolutely adorable, and I KNEW then that I was in love.

Cute, smart, AND funny.

Come on, this was NOT fair. I never had a chance!

Later on, at about noon thirty (ha ha) Frankie and Ray woke up. We could actually do something now since everyone was together. Then we realized that, uh... we didn’t know WHAT to do. Bob had the first idea.

“Let’s play truth or dare!!!” he yelled suddenly. Everyone looked at him silently. Finally, Ray said, “See, now THAT is why we hang out with this guy.” We all laughed, and decided it wasn’t a bad idea. Mikey went first.

“Frankie, truth or dare?” he asked.

“Dare, dare dare!!!” he said, quite hyper to start the game.

“I dare you too... uhh.... grab on and hold onto Ray’s package for 30 seconds,” he finished triumphantly.

Frank. Looked. Mortified. But he complied, and the entire time his hand was in that certain area, he looked like he’d just swallowed a slug.

We were laughing hysterically by the time he let go and Ray pulled his knees up to his chest and acted like he’d just been violated.

Ray’s turn came next.

“Gerard, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Ah, you suck, man. You’re no fun,” Frankie said, pouting.

Gerard stuck his tongue out at him and waited for Ray’s request.

“Okay... uh.. Do you or do you not have a homo and/or hetero attraction to someone in this room right now?” he asked cautiously.

Gerard looked up, and with an entirely straight face, answered, “Yes. Bob, I have something to say,” we all roared with laughter.

Gerard looked around as if hurt that his profession of love to Bob should be ridiculed. Soon, he was laughing along.

“No, but seriously, come on, do you or do you not? Play the game right,” said Ray, still grinning fit to split.

“Yes.” said Gerard simply. This garnered a low ooooh from the rest of the guys. I went beet red.

Could he mean me?

No, he’s a homo, idiot.

Shut up.

Make me.

He doesn’t like me.

Does he like me?

He really does like me!

Look at how he’s staring at me right now! Wait... maybe that’s not why he’s....--

“LENA!!” Frankie screamed in my ear. I jumped and whacked him in the ribs.

“Sorry, say that again, Mikey?”

“Truth or dare, hun.”

“Dare!” I said, feeling adventurous.

“I dare you toooo... kiss Gerard like you kissed him in your gazebo the other day.”

Oh, God.