Give Me a Reason to Believe

Chapter Nine

I looked at Gerard. He looked shocked, but expectant.

What was I going to do?

Should I just kiss him, no big deal?

Should I refuse the dare and accept the punishment?

No.

I’m going to kiss him.

How bad could it be?

He’d kissed me on his own free will yesterday, so why not on a dare today? I was going to go for it.. On the count.... of 500... no... I can’t do that. .. Okay... here goes.... one... two....

I didn’t get to finish my countdown.

Gerard seemed to be sensing my hesitance, so he took the liberty to perform my dare for me.

I had been inching closer to him this whole time, and now he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me in, his lips coming together with mine so quickly and so softly that I barely noticed it.

What the hell just happened?

Did he kiss you, instead?

HE performed YOUR dare.

That’s against the rules.

Wait, WHO CARES? He’s KISSING YOU!

KISS BACK, DAMNIT, KISS BACK!!!

Before I knew what I was doing, I had parted my lips and was kissing him back.
Desperately, hungrily.

My tongue explored his mouth, and soon we were full on making out.

The guys were completely silent. They could have been screaming at the top of their lungs for all I knew; nothing made sense to me.

Every surrounding sound and object had melted away. It was just me and Gerard, our lips moving together, our tongues entangled in each other.

I was in heaven.

I didn’t know how long we’d been kissing for, but finally Mikey said, “Oookay, guys, I think the game is officially over.” We didn’t pay attention.

By the time we finally broke the kiss and looked around, we realized that the guys had left the room.

We laughed a little and looked at each other. He had this intense gaze settled on me, and I blushed and looked down.

“I thought that would have been the best way to tell you what yesterday meant to me...” he said softly.

“Yeah... “ I said quietly, “hey, Gerard?... Do you know how I feel about you?” I was terrified of the answer.

“Of course, I do. And I’m so glad,” he said with a twinkle in his eye. Then it faded, “Unless, you don’t feel as I think you do,” he said fearfully.

“Oh, no, I do. That is... if you think I feel as I think you think I feel,” I said with a nervous laugh.

My, this is becoming awfully confusing.

“Ha-ha, okay, let’s make this a little less complicated. Do you like me? As more than just what we’ve been thus far?” He said, lifting my chin with his finger and looking at me directly in the eye.

“Yes, I do. More than you know, Gerard," I tried to look away, but he firmly held my gaze.

Unbeknownst to us, and despite our efforts, things just got a whole lot more complicated.