The Prey and the Predator

Sleepover!

Evoni walked straight to her room with Alistair while the others went to Tom’s room.
“Why did Andrew have to come over too!? I don’t like him!”
“Neither do I…” Alistair said sitting down in his usual seat.
“And he put his arm around me! I mean, what kind of pervert is he!?”
Alistair chuckled.
“What!?” she snapped.
“Oh, I just think it’s funny that you call him a pervert when beside the two of you three couples were trying to have a go at it.”
Evoni shuddered at the thought.
“Now you see why I don’t go out with my brother…” She said.
“Oh come now, its normal for teenagers.” He said, though she could tell by his tone of voice that he was smirking.
Evoni sighed and lay down on her back on the bed.
“Yeah, well…I shouldn’t have to be dragged into it.” She said. “Andrew doesn’t even know me, but now he’s following me around like a dog on heat. I don’t like it.”
“Do you want me to speak to him?” Alistair offered.
Evoni laughed.
“And how suss would that be?” she crudely tried to mimic Alistair's dark voice. “ ‘Young man, I have lived decades more than you so I know what I’m talking about. Evoni is a child so leave her alone.’ ”
Evoni laughed again.
“Centuries.” Alistair corrected darkly.
“Oh come on, you’re not angry at me, are you?” she asked.
He sighed and looked at her.
“No…I’m just not used to be around humans so please excuse my emotions for the next couple of days.”
Evoni smiled.
“You mean I can make you as angry as I like and just disregard any anger you feel towards me?”
He chuckled darkly and smirked at her.
“Than I can’t be held responsible for any of my actions if you do.” he said, and suddenly he disappeared.
Evoni sat up.
“A-Alistair…?”
“Boo!”
Evoni screamed and jumped in fright. Alistair had gone behind her and quickly pounced and tickled her. She laughed.
“Don’t do that!”
“I will if you make me angry.” He teased.
The door opened unexpectedly and Tom and the others walked in.
“What are you guys doing in here?” Tom asked.
“Alistair and I were just mucking around…” Evoni replied.
“Sorry about the noise.” Alistair said.
“Nah, that’s alright.” Said Tom. “Now, let’s work out sleeping arrangements. Renée, you can sleep in my room with me…only one other person can sleep in my bedroom, I’ll set up another bed, but unfortunately that’s all I can fit in my room, so two of you will have to sleep in Evoni’s room.”
“I will.” Said Alistair quickly before anybody else could say anything.
“If Alistair's sleeping in this room then so am I!” said Sara.
“Err…okay.” Said Tom shocked. “Well, looks like you’ll be sleeping in my room Andrew.”
“No.” he said. “I want to sleep in here tonight.”
“Oh my god, why does everybody want to sleep in here?” He looked around Evoni’s room. “Well her room is big enough for all you guys to sleep in here, so if you want to I guess you can…” said Tom.
“And do I get any say in the matter?” Evoni asked angrily. “I don’t want Andrew or Sara sleeping in my room!”
Andrew looked at Alistair angrily as though he was the only reason Evoni was saying that she didn’t want him in her room.
“Do you want to bring dad into the matter?” Tom threatened.
Evoni suddenly realized how much Alistair tensed at what Tome had threatened; she quickly grabbed hold of his arm, restraining him…even though she could do little to stop him if he did do something.
“No…don’t bring father into this…” she said; her voice soft. “I agree.”

Later that night, when it was nearing time to go to bed, they began setting up the beds. Renée, obviously would be sharing the bed with Tom (Evoni didn’t want to even think about what they might be doing when everybody was asleep), so they were all in Evoni’s room setting up beds. Alistair said he would sleep on the couch, but there was problem; there was only one mattress to go on the floor and yet they needed two beds for Sara and Andrew.
“One of us will have to share your bed with you Evoni.” He said and gave her a sly look. “I can if you like.”
“I won’t be sharing my bed with anyone!” she hissed.
“It’s all right guys.” Said Sara sweetly. “I can share the couch with Alistair…”
“No.” said Alistair bluntly.
“Look, Evoni.” Andrew tried again. “Someone will have to share the bed with you-”
“Why don’t you just share the bed on the ground with Sara?” Evoni said to Andrew.
“Because that bed isn’t as big as your bed-”
“Look.” Alistair said. “Why doesn’t Sara and Andrew share Evoni’s bed and Evoni can sleep on the bed on the ground?”
“Wait…I have a better Idea…” Evoni said smirking. “Why don’t you, Alistair, and Andrew share the couch?”
“I am NOT sleeping with HIM.” they both answered at once.
Evoni laughed…it was worth a try.

In the end Andrew gave into Evoni and Sara and Andrew shared the bed on the ground while Alistair slept on the couch and Evoni slept in her own bed. When the lights had gone out and everybody started to go to sleep a thunderstorm began outside. Evoni lay awake staring out the window watching the rain fall and lightening strike. Suddenly a large crack of thunder caught her off guard and she jumped for a moment, but she quickly relaxed…she loved thunderstorms and rainy weather ever since she was a little girl…she loved it more than she could tell.
Suddenly she jumped again when she felt someone slip into bed next to her. The room was dark and she didn’t know who it was. Was it Alistair…?
Whoever it was, they put their arms around her and held her tightly and closely…their hold was more sensual than Alistair’s.
“Don’t be afraid of the storm.” Said Andrew. “Don’t worry, I’ll stay here and protect you.”
Evoni tried to struggle free of him.
“Get off me!”
“Come on, Evoni. I knew you were just saying that you didn’t want me in bed with you because Alistair was there…but he’s asleep now, so you don’t have to hold back any more.”
“Get off me you creep!” she said even louder. “I hate you!”
“Don’t lie Evoni…Alistair isn’t awake so you don’t have to fight me anymore.”
“I wouldn’t count on it bastard.” Said a dark and terrifying voice.

Evoni turned in Andrew’s hold and saw Alistair roughly grab Andrews’s shirt.
“Let go of her now.” He said spine-chillingly.
Andrew quickly let go of Evoni and she moved away from him as quick as she could.
“You will NEVER do that again.” Alistair growled and then he murmured a word in a language Evoni had never heard before and in the shadow of the room she saw Andrews’s body go limp.
Alistair chucked him roughly on the ground beside the bed where Sara was sleeping, as though Andrew were as light as a rag doll.
“Are you alright?” he asked Evoni from the shadow.
Then Alistair stepped into the light of the moon and Evoni could not speak and instead shuddered uncontrollably.
“No! Don’t be afraid!” he suddenly disappeared back into shadow and returned into the light, this time her was normal. “Don’t be afraid…”
Evoni looked up at him. When he had asked her if she was alright his whole body was terrifying, as though merely looking at him froze her to the core in fear…but now he was just the normal, insanely beautiful Alistair.
“You…thank you.” She said, she then pointed childishly and angrily at Andrew. “I REALLY don’t like him!”
Alistair chuckled.
“You didn’t…kill him? Did you?” Evoni asked.
He shook his head.
“No…he’ll wake up just as normally tomorrow with no memory of what he did to you.”
“He didn’t really do anything.” Evoni said.
“I know.” Said Alistair. “I wouldn’t have let him.”
Evoni smiled up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
^-^