Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
I opened the dishwasher and stared at the newly cleaned dishes, knowing fully they would be dirty again in the span of an hour. I started to unload everything. I’m Maira, just your average 19 year old emptying a dish washer right? Wrong, take a look around the place the trees and sky is moving, yes I’m on a bus. “The Killers” music is blaring from one room as Halo is blaring from another. A laptop lies opened on the table and there is mess everywhere you look that I haven’t gotten around to cleaning yet. On the laptop screen is Yale.com with a message saying “we’re grading your test now Thank you Miss. Rank we’ll be getting back to you in about an hour”. I had just taken my first test in advanced American writing at Yale evaluating Emily Dickerson’s writing. I now was taking the last plate away when a loud voice came over the intercom.
“Attention, we will be at the “Four Seasons” in thirty minutes.” the driver called from the front of the bus. I shook my head. Another day another town. You may be wondering why I’m traveling around on this insanely messy bus, well it’s because I’m on tour with My Chemical Romance. No I’m not a groupie, a crazy fan, or a sister. I’m going out with one of the guys, actually I’m going out with the front man of the group Gerard Way. Now that doesn’t seem to bother anyone, what does bother them is that while I’m 19 Gerard is 25. Six years age difference. He’s had his license for nine years, I’ve had mine for three. Basically everyone found it wrong and was angry. Gerard was born in 1977 I was born in 1983. Not a big deal for us, my parents flipped when they heard when I was 17. We’ve been going out for almost three years. A beep came from my laptop. “Thank you Miss Rank ” It said “your score is 98%.” I cried with happiness as Frank came into the room to investigate. I was dancing at this point, Frank joined in.
“Why are we dancing?” he asked smiling and laughing.
“Because I just got my first test back of the term in AAW and I got a 98 ” I cried spinning him. He landed in the booth like table head first. I laughed and continued to dance. Now Ray came in to see what was going on.
“Why are you dancing and why is Frank in the booth like that?” he asked.
“Because I got my first test back from this term in AAW and I got a 98 ” I cried jumping onto the table and dancing to the music in the other room. “But it’s just the price I pay destiny is calling me open up my eager eyes, cause I’m Mister Brightside ” I sang along with Brandon Flowers who is an incredibly sweet guy. Ray started to dance along with me. The intercom went off again. “Attention everyone Maira Rank has aced her first AAW test with a 98% ” Frank yelled. I looked over at where he was in the booth to see him not there anymore. The thundering of feet came from everywhere into the kitchen.