Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 10

Chapter 10
I woke up two hours later by banging on the door, Jenny’s signal. Time to get up. I turned my head to see Gerard sleeping peacefully next to me.
“Gee, Gee…. Come on baby, wake up.” I said shaking him gently. He didn’t respond. “Gee, come on…. Don’t be stubborn.” I said shaking him a little harder. He grunted at me. “Don’t grunt at me. Get up. Come on.” I said sitting up and getting out of bed. Gerard went into a ball and took the covers over his head. I got dressed and did my hair quickly. Gerard was still asleep under all the blankets. I ran and jumped onto the bed. I landed on top of him. With an ‘ooff’ he rolled over so he was looking at me. “Good morning sunshine.” I said kissing his forehead. “Get up, get up… time to go on the bus.” He grunted and sat up. I fell to the side of him. He leaned over me and kissed me sweetly on the mouth and got up.
The bus was a lot bigger than ours in America. The kitchen area alone was bigger than your bunk area.
“Can we trade buses?” I asked as I sat down on the big couch.
“I second that.” Mikey said from the bunk room, which had 5 huge bunks. The couples could sleep together and not worry about falling out in the middle of the night.
“Maira? Maira….. MAIRA!”
“WHAT?!” I cried. I was asleep on the couch. It was around noon and the natives were getting restless.
“I want coffee!” Mikey cried looking at me.
“You woke me up for that?” I asked sitting up. He nodded his head.
“MIKEY I’M GONNA KILL YOU!” I cried jumping up and running after him. I finally caught him when he fell over his own feet. I dove on top of him and tickled him. The bathroom door opened and Gerard was staring down at us with an arched eyebrow.
“Do I want to know?” he asked.
“No.” Mikey and I said at the same time. Finally I got up.
“Ok, coffee rounds. Mikey you want one. Baby?”
“Yes please.”
“Ok.” I said going to the other parts of the bus and asking who wanted coffee, it ended up everyone did. I stood at the counter watching the coffee spill from the top into the pot. I yawned.
“Fun watching coffee?” Hannah asked walking into the kitchen area.
“Ha, no. I’d just love to slam my head on the counter right now. Do you know what Mikey did?”
“Do I want to know?” Hannah asked.
“He woke me up to make him coffee!” I said ignoring her comment. I took seven classes from the cupboard and started pouring. Everyone smelled the coffee and came running. “You have to fix your own coffee.” I said. “I don’t know how you all like your coffee.” I said adding milk to Gerard’s and a little sugar.
“You know how he likes it.” Mikey complained.
“And your point is?” Gerard asked taking the coffee I held out to him and took a long sip.
“She should learn how we all like our coffee.” Mikey said.
“No, she’s my fiancée. She knows how I like my coffee because of that, nitwit.” He said as he walked past Mikey. “You coming with me pint size?” he called.
“Yeah, be there in a second.” I said finishing passing out the coffee and following him to the bunks. I walked to the last of the three couple beds to where Gerard was sitting drawing in his sketch pad. I lay down next to him and closed my eyes. I felt him staring at me, and I heard the soft scraping of his pencil on the paper. He was drawing another picture of me. Soon I fell asleep to the sound. I woke up later to be in Gerard’s arms. He was asleep peacefully. On the end of the bed I could see the drawing he drew of me. I was on the bed with my eyes closed. My hair was just the way it was on my head. Every laugh line was on my face and I had a smile on. I couldn’t help but smile as I closed my eyes to go back to sleep.