Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 14

Chapter 14
“So are you still going to New Orleans?” Mikey asked as I continued to pack my bag the next day.
“No, I’m doing this for my health.” I cried placing a shirt in the bag.
“God! You don’t need to get cranky about it! Pregnant women.”
“It has nothing to do with that fact that I’m pregnant Michael, it’s that you’re asking stupid questions.”
“I can’t help it!” Mikey cried hugging me. “I don’t want you to go!” he said hugging me tighter.
“I know Mikey, but I need a little vacation, I need to see my friend, I need to get my papers done so I can graduate, I love you all so much; but with the news of the baby… it just broke me down and stopped me right in my tracks. I was going to be an author, I was going to marry your brother, now I have to put everything aside, and I won’t be the person I wanted to be.”
“Who says?” Mikey asked looking at me.
“What do you mean?”
“So what if you’re going to have a baby at 20, it doesn’t mean you can’t be who you want to be, you’ll still be Maira Way, an author and anything else you want to be, you’ll just have to put it to the side for awhile.” I looked at him like he had two heads, had this just come out of his mouth?
“Mikey…. I-I don’t know what to say.” I said sitting down.
“Say you’ll stay.” He said sitting next to me.
“I need to get away for a little while Mikey, I’m not leaving you…. This ring is never coming off my finger. I love you all and I’m going to miss you all like crazy, but I need to do this.” I said hugging him.
“Flight 22 to America is now boarding.” The lady on the intercom called out. I sighed and looked at Gerard. I had said goodbye to everyone else on the bus before we left for the airport.
“Promise to call me when you get there?” Gerard asked taking me in his arms.
“I promise like the promise the sun gives the sky every time it rises in the morning.” I said hugging him tight.
“I love you Mer, and I love the baby.” He said touching my stomach lightly. “Before you go, here’s your birthday present from me.” He said giving me a small box. It wasn’t wrapped, but the love was there. I could feel it through the box into my skin. I opened the box and there were two ID bracelets, one read Gerard, the other read Maira. “One for each of us.” Gerard said taking the one that said Gerard and putting it on my wrist. My eyes were wet with tears as I put on his and kissed him lightly on the lips.
“I love you too Gerard.” I whispered in his ear. I boarded the plane and watched as London, Europe, and My Chemical Romance slipped away from me.