Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 24

Chapter 24
“Hey there mommy.” Abby said.
“Hey yourself mommy.” I said smiling. Everyone was there, the band, my friends that I made walking around New York and even Gee’s parents!
“Maira!” Donna cried rushing over to me, husband in tow. “How’s my grandchild?” she asked giving me a hug.
“Fine. Getting big and giving its mother a hard time.”
“Sounds like it’s going to be just like its father.” Donna said smiling.
“Speaking of which, where is he?” I asked.
“Oh! He’s in the bedroom, he told me to come get you and have you go in. He has a surprise for you.” Donna said pushing me in the direction of the bedroom. Knowing my fiancé and what he might want to do I opened the door saying:
“Gee, we can make out at home, come on there’s people here.” But Gerard wasn’t by himself; there was a man with him. The man was tall with brown hair and green eyes.
“Maira?” he asked looking at me.
“Yes?” I asked looking at Gerard who was smiling ear to ear.
“It’s me….. Dad.”
“No, my dad’s in Jersey.” I said confused.
“No baby girl, I’m Jared Titman, I’m your dad.” He said hugging me, I pushed him away.
“Don’t call me that.” I said backing away from him. Gerard’s smile had disappeared.
“Maira…. I….I”
“You took advantage of my mother, she was drunk and you got her pregnant and left her.”
“Lisa wasn’t drunk.”
“What?”
“She wasn’t drunk, wasn’t at a party, and wasn’t high. She knew what she was doing. She wanted it. She got pregnant and told me if I came near you when you were born she’d kill me. I didn’t know what to do baby girl….. I stayed away.”
“Don’t call me that!” I screamed. “I’m not your baby girl! My mother isn’t a freak and I’m pregnant and don’t have to deal with this if I don’t want to!” I yelled storming out of the room.
“Maira, what’s wrong?” Mikey asked, I pushed past him and ran (well waddled fast) out the door.
“Maira…. Maira stop!” I heard Bob yell as I made my way to the elevator. “Maira, come on…. Please stop.” Bob said. I pushed the button, willing the elevator to hurry up. I didn’t want to talk I wanted to go for a walk. “Maira, enough.” Bob said grabbing my wrist.
“Let go Bob.” I said very calmly.
“Maira, tell me what’s going on.”
“Bob, just let me go for a walk and I’ll tell you when I get back.”
“You can’t go walking around New York by yourself at nine o’clock at night.” Bob said pulling me away back to his apartment.
“I don’t want to go back in there Bob.” I said stopping.
“Ok, we’ll go to your apartment.” Bob said leading me the other way to the elevator and then down to my floor. He sat on the couch and I lowered myself next to him.
“What’s going on?” Bob asked me.
“Gee found my dad.”
“You know where your dad is, Jersey.” He said looking confused.
“He’s not my dad.” I said telling Bob the story.
“You mean…” Bob asked still trying to understand.
“Yes.” I said nodding my head. The front door opened and closed.
“Maira?” Jared called.
“What are you doing in my house?!” I cried angrily at him.
“I was worried about you.” He said hugging me.
“STOP!” I cried stepping away from him. “I don’t want you in my house, please leave.”
“Maira…”
“PLEASE JUST LEAVE!” I cried running into the nursery. The light red paint lay on the ground. We hadn’t gotten any baby stuff yet so the room was empty. I popped opened one of the cans and grabbed a paint brush. I wrote “Maira was here” and continued to paint over the walls. The door opened as I finished the first wall.
“Baby?”
“Don’t talk to me.” I said not turning around.
“Bella, I’m sorry.” Gerard said closing the door. “But can’t you be kinder to him?” I turned around.
“I told you I didn’t want to meet him.” I said trying to stay calm. “You should have listened to me.” I said walking over to him, taking the paint brush and slapping it across his face. He a red stripe right across his face, my anger went away. He looked so adorable.
“You’re gonna pay for that.” He said lunging for me. He grabbed me in a hug and rubbed his face against mine to get red on me. Then he started to tickle me.
“Gerard!” I cried. “You’re going to make me pee my pants!” I yelled laughing.