Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 26 last chapter :(

Chapter 26
“Miracle… who’s a happy baby?” I cried in a high pitched voice, Miracle was now six months old and Gerard and I were getting married. I was putting Miracle in her wedding dress. (Not like a wedding gown, but like a little bride’s maid dress!) She smiled at me and I kissed her fist. “Mommy loves you.” I said kissing her cheek as she gave me her toothless grin. “Can mommy have a kiss?” I asked bending down so my face was near her mouth. She put her mouth to my cheek and just held her mouth there. She was known for her laughter and her kisses.
“Almost ready mommy?” Abby asked holding Jackson’s hand as he took wobbly steps. He was now a year and Abby and Bob were next up to get married.
“Almost.” I said looking at myself in the mirror. My white sleeveless gown was so pretty. It had black flower details on the front and some on the bottom. I slipped on my white gloves. My hair was now black and longer. It was in a simple bun with a veil over it. Abby, Crystal, Annie, Hannah, and my sisters were my bride’s maids. They all were wearing Helena style black dresses with a red sash and black ballet flats. Miracle was wearing a smaller Helena style dress, only it had sleeves and little baby black ballet flats and she had a red bow in her hair. I picked her up. She had her fist in her mouth, she was teething.
“How’s that fist taste?” I said bouncing her lightly. She giggled.
“Ok, you’re really creepy me wearing no black.” Abby said looking me up and down.
“I’ve got black on.” I said.
“Where?” she asked.
“Here.” I said holding up my dress to expose a black garter and my black high heels.
“Fine.” She said shaking her head. We walked to the doors that lead into the chapel. Candles were lit, it was smoky… but a nice kind of smoky.
Everyone lined up. Jackson, Bob, and Abby, Annie and Ray, Hannah and Mikey, Crystal and Frankie, my sisters and their boyfriends and me, my dad, (not my real one) and Miracle. The plan was instead of carrying flowers down the isle I’d carry Miracle. She was going to be part of the ceremony. The door was opened and the first group walked down, followed by the next, and the next, and the next. Until the door was closed again so it was just my dad, my daughter, and I. The doors swung opened and the wedding march started to play. My dad and I made our way down the isle slowly. Getting ohs and ahs from my gown and Miracle. The chapel was beautiful, with red and black satin drapes draped all over the pews with flowers ringed around the drapes. Gerard stood at the front, Mikey next to him. He smiled. I knew it was because he was looking at his girls. He looked handsome in a black suit and black tie. He wore a red rose in his button hole. I finally made it to the front and my dad kissed my cheek and lifted my veil. I smiled and hugged Miracle a little tighter. She was facing out so she was now smiling at her dad who was making faces at her. She was going to be a daddy’s girl. I knew it, Gerard knew it, and everyone knew it. I walked up next to Gerard and he took one side of Miracle so we were both holding her.
“Do you Maira Celina Rank take Gerard Author Way to be your husband?” and so the first chapter of Gerard’s and my life closed as the next chapter unfolded……
THE END