Status: Completed

This Boy's In Love

Dinner Surprises

Image

Devi's POV

I groaned as I rolled around my Aunt's queen size bed, which I was sharing with Laura. I could feel the heat from the sun on my face which made it highly difficult to get back to sleep anytime soon. I opened my eyes and the sunlight blinded me, I immediately closed them again, then slowly opened giving them time to adjust. Looking around I thought it was at least 11am, I reached for my phone and noticed 1 new message, ignoring it for a quick second as I went to look at the time, 1:46pm. I immediately shot out of bed to notice Laura still sound asleep.

"Laura wake the fuck up it's nearly 2pm," I said, hitting her with my pillow.

"5 more minutes," she said rolling over, and snuggling more into her pillow, I rolled my eyes.

"Nick Jonas is just outside the window," I said, as soon as the words left my mouth she shot up and her eyes looked to the window, to see nothing but a tree and the house next door, I laughed at how gullible she was.

"Dude, that was not funny," she said yawning.

"Laur it's nearly 2pm, I'm meeting Josie tonight at 6:30pm for dinner, you sure you still don't want to come?" I asked.

"Nah, you've never met her, I'll chillax back at the house with your Aunty, she is awesome," Laura said stretching, then getting out of the bed. I followed her suit and we both walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Well good afternoon, nice to see you both like to wake up early," smirked my Aunty, while watching TV.

"Sue us, It's holidays, I'm not waking up early for anything," I said taking a seat on the couch next to my Aunty. I shut my eyes and curled up on the cough preparing myself to fall asleep again, I was definitely over tired.

"Oh no you don't, how about we go out for lunch, you can take a look around LA?" suggested my Aunty Le-Le as I called her.

"Yes!" squealed Laura, and mumbling something about going to get ready as she ran up the stairs. I laughed at how eager she was, and got up from the couch, telling my Aunty I was going to go get ready.

I walked back into my room and sat down on the bed, waiting for Laura to finish with the shower. I picked up my phone, and noticed I still had 1 unread message. I opened it up to see it was from Josie.

I can't wait to meet you at the concert, It's going to be awesome. How do you like LA so far?

I had to re read it, over and over again, meet at the concert? Weren't we going out to dinner tonight?

----

Joe's POV

I sat in my room, for once doing nothing, and I loved it. Touring does drain you quite a bit, and just to sit in my room and relax was a good feeling.

Maybe it's intuition, But some things you just don't question.
Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant.
And there it goes, I think I've found my best friend.
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy, But I believe.


I froze as my phone went off, that ring tone is for one person and one person only, devi. I quickly grabbed my phone, thankful that Demi slept over and ran into Nick's room to hand the phone to her.

"Demi, Demi she is calling, answer the phone," I said having a heart attack, Demi snatched the phone out of my hands and left the room, I heard Nick laughing in the corner.

"You should see your face, It looks like you were going to have a heart attack," he said, having a laughing fit.

"Oh ha ha," I said, taking a seat on Nick's bed, waiting for Demi to return. She never lets me listen to their conversations anymore and at times makes me think she is up to something or she is just talking girly crap which I wouldn't be bothered to listen to anyway. I sat there for 5 minutes waiting for her to return and as soon as she entered the room I bombarded her with questions.

"What did she want? Is she okay?" I said all once.

"Okay Joe, calm down she is fine, it was nothing, just wanted to talk," said Demi, giving me back my phone as I sighed, relived that nothing was wrong. "So dinner tonight guys, It's just casual okay, jeans and shirt sort of thing, nothing fancy," said Demi, I nodded my head.

"Well I'm going to go find something to wear then, catch you all later," I said, making my way back to my room to find some clothes for tonight.

----

Devi's POV

It was 6:00pm and I was still running around getting ready, I settled on just straightening my hair and leaving my fringe out, I was wearing a pair electric blue skinny jeans and my old ACDC t-shirt. Josie said it was only very casual, nothing fancy, so I didn't want to wear a dress or anything. I but on my black flats and applied some minimal make up and looked at myself in the mirror, happy with the result. I walked downstairs to find my Aunty Le-Le and Laura with many movies piled up on the coffee table.

"Were having a movie night tonight," smiled Laura, your Aunty has the best taste in movies.

"Of course she does," I said rolling my eyes, "well I have to leave now, so Aunty Le-Le can you take me?"

"Yeah okay If I have to," she smiled, and went into the kitchen to grab her keys.

"You sure you don't want to come?" I asked Laura again, I felt bad for just leaving her here with my Aunty.

"No way man, your Aunty and I are going to have heaps of fun," she smiling, "just be careful Devi." I smiled at her and gave her hug, as my Aunty came back with her keys and purse in hand. We followed her out the door and to the car, as we were driving to our destination I received another text.

Hey Devi, I may be a bit late, the table is under Josie (:

I smiled and sent a simple okay back to her. We finally reached the restaurant, Cactus Jacks.

"You sure you don't want me to wait around," asked my Aunty.

"No Aunt Le-Le, it'll be okay, plus I have my mobile on me," I said, we talked about this over and over again last night, and I finally convinced her not to wait around.

"Okay have fun, stay safe," she said.

"Have fun Devi," smiled Laura from the back seat.

"You too guys, I'll call when I need to be picked up," I smiled and got out of the car. I gave them a little wave as I walked into the restaurant and to the front counter.

"Reservation for Josie," I said as the waiter nodded and showed me to my table, I thanked him and sat down at the table, waiting for Josie to arrive.

----

Joe's POV

"Cactus Jacks?" I asked, as Kevin pulled up to the restaurant.

"Yeah well, I love it here," replied Demi, getting out of the car. We all followed and began walking to entrance.

"Oh I think I left my purse in the car, Kevin, Nick can you come with me," said Demi.

"Why do you need both of them to go with you?" I asked, honestly if she just wanted Kevin and Nick here, why did she invite me.

"Um, because, you just go inside and get the table," said Demi, grabbing Kevin's and Nick's hands, I sighed and walked into the restaurant. We didn't want to reserve the table under any of our names, so Demi and Nick decided to reserve it as Josie.

"Reservation for Josie," I said, the waiter looked up and smiled and began leading me to the table, I looked around my surroundings, I'd never been here before, but Demi did always say it had great food. I then turned my attention to the table we were headed for, there was a girl at the table, a girl I'd seen many times before. I grabbed the waiter and told him it was okay, I knew which table I had to go to. He smiled and walked back in the other direction. So they tricked me, they set me up here with Devi. I gulped, well it was now or never. I walked closer to the table, nerves running through my body, my brain telling me to turn around but my heart telling me to keep walking.

"Um, Devi?" I asked, as I saw her turn around and look up at me, her eyes wide with shock, "It's me Josie."
♠ ♠ ♠
:O
Comments/Feedback?

-ali.