I Watched You on the Avenue

Out on the Road

~~Jamie's POV~~

It was the first night that Patrick had been without Reggie in a while. I mean he told me about their fight earlier after she left while we waited for Pete but this was different. She was on tour, away from him...and he missed her like crazy. Even Pete noticed how down Patrick was. He hardly ate which made me sad too, I hate seeing people this down. He really loves her. So now I'm back at their house, Pete told me to call him if I needed anything or Patrick wasn't doing so good. Which was sorta now since it was 10pm and he went to his room, lit Reggie's favorite candle which was this sweet peppermint and turned off the lights to sleep. I heard him sniffle as I sat watching TV, it was heartbreaking since I could hear his cries coming from the other room.

~~Back to Reggie~~

So there I sat on Cartel's bus, Jeff had kidnapped me which everyone found hysterical. My band said it was "peaceful" oh I'll so get back at them for that. I was trying to get out of Nic's arms since they sat me on his lap and he wouldn't let go of me. My phone rang and I went to answer it.

"Hello?"I laughed.
"Reggie, it's Pete."
"Duh, I know my best friends voice and of course when they're caller id shows up,"I smiled,"What's up?"
"Um, Patrick,"Pete sighed,"Well he's down, I'm headed over to your house now."
"Why what's wrong?"I now frowned.
"Jamie called to say he went to bed at 10 and has been crying since then."
"Aww, the poor guy,"I then smacked myself in the head,"Shit, I forgot to call him when we actually got on the road."
"No wonder he's so down,"Pete sighed,"He's girlfriend just forgot all about him."
"Hey! I did not!"i protested,"I've just been having fun and..."
"Reg, just call the man,"Pete laughed.
"Fine then,"I pouted,"It's good to hear from you too."
Pete laughed,"I'll call you later promise."
"Bye,"I smiled.

I sighed and turned towards Nic,"I've got to call Patrick, he's being the total girl right now."
"Ok,"laughed Nic.

I stood up and walked off to the small hall and dialed Patrick's number. It rang like 3 times before a hoarse and tired Patrick answered the phone.

"Hey, what's this I hear about you crying your eyes out?"I laughed.
"Reggie,"I heard Patrick smile,"I just miss you."
"Yeah and I'm sorry I didn't call after the plane ride."
"I was scared."
"I know, but try not to cry too much, Jamie's worried about you."
"Tell her not to be,"Patrick yawned.
"Dude, you're taking care of my little sister who's going through a rough time too,"I argued,"And I'll come back, I promise."
"I know,"I could hear him sniffle again,"It's just hard to sleep at night and everything reminds me of you."
"Aww Patrick, don't cry,"I could feel the tears in my eyes,"You're going to make me cry."
"Sorry,"Patrick sniffled again,"So do you have a show tonight?"
"No, tomorrow night, West Coast fun,"I laughed.
"I miss you so much,"Patrick added again,"Your tour needs to go faster so I can go to the shows."
"It will,"I laughed,"I've got to go but I'll call you in the morning."
"Ok."
"I love you,"I smiled.
"I love you too,"Patrick whispered back but it was felt with so much emotion.

I hung up the phone and walked back to the Cartel boys, it was only like 8 pm and we had nothing to do on the bus. Will pulled me down to him and I let out a small scream.

"So is Patrick ok?"Will asked.
"Eh, he will be, it's the first night I'm gone, so it's hard for him."
"It's hard on significant others,"Kevin chimed in and sat next to me.
"Yeah and I feel bad, I haven't cried really."
"Eh, you're just more mainly,"Kevin smiled.
"Shut up!"I punched him in the shoulder hardly and he groaned.
"Oo, looks like a fight,"Joe smiled.
"shut up, or I'll involve you too,"I glared.
"Bring it,"Joe raised his arms up at me.

I glared and went to lunge at him. And that ladies and gentlemen are my boys of Cartel, they've always treated me like one of them as well as a girl. But they know not to piss me off since I'll kick their ass. And they always know how to keep my mind off of missing Patrick. Because if they didn't all I could talk about would be Patrick, and who knows, my backing vocals could be 'patrick' which wouldn't be a good thing. So, they keep me sane and occupied which is what Patrick should be doing in Chicago.