I Watched You on the Avenue

Maybe drama makes things better

Patrick watched me from backstage as I played. The show so far was going good and I hadn't insulted anyone...yet that is. After we finished our song, I walked up to the microphone, my band knew what we were doing, hell they even agreed to it.

"Hey Reg,"Darren looked over at me.
"What?"
"I believe you wanted to introduce this next song?"
"I guess I could,"I shrugged as the crowd roared,"I'm sure all of you heard Britney Spears is playing a show not far from here tonight as well?"

The crowd booed which I couldn't help but laugh a bit which did come off into the microphone.

"Yeah, so we thought what better way to um, well honor's a bad word,"I ruffled my hair,"Ok fuck it, we just said hey we can play this song better than her. So here it is, if you guys know the words, scream it the fuck out!"

We started playing "Oops I Did It Again" to which Patrick just shook his head and laughed as he watched me. I swear I'm becoming more like Pete when I'm out here. I think that's why everyone says we're almost like twins or something. I think we've even finished each other's sentences every now and then but that's another story.

After we were playing, Darren thanked the crowd then got them all riled up for Cartel to come out. I kissed Patrick quickly before heading to change clothes to meet fans while Cartel was on. I usually watched some of Cartel's set but lately we've just been hanging out with fans which is fun. They love how the five of us hang out with them and even go out after Cartel's set for drinks or whatever. Little did I know that as I met fans, my "mom" decided to make her way over to our venue to well put me down mostly.

I was sitting with my band just talking to some fans who just finished telling me how they liked our cover of Britney's song then how we were really good and stuff.

"Hey Reg,"Tim looked over at me,"Tonight, you up for drinks?"
"Yeah of course,"I smiled at him,"Steven and Darren game?"
"Yeah."
"Well we all know Razzle is,"I laughed a bit to look over at him flirting with some girls,"If girls are involved he's always there."
"Aint' that the truth,"TIm smiled at me.
"Reg, don't look now,"Darren walked up to me as I looked behind him to see my "mom" walking towards me. Where the hell is Patrick when you need him?

"You disrespectful little bitch,"My "mom" spat at me.
"I'm sorry,"I looked at her with a smirk,"I forgot when did your opinion matter?"
"I told you to break up with that disgrace for a boyfriend and yet you're still with him and to top it off, you're ruining your sister's career!"
"No, she's ruining it, well you're helping and two don't you talk about Patrick like that,"I glared she was causing a scene in front of my fans.
"You and your friends will fade out."She threatened to which some fans started calling her explicitive names and sticking up for us.
Patrick walked over as soon as he could,"Sorry Reg, I was talking to Will."
"She's cheating on you, you know that?"My mom looked at him with a smile as he just looked at me.
"No, Patrick don't listen to her,"I looked at him.
"She's lying, that's the only thing she's ever been good at,"She smirked as Patrick looked like he got hit by a brick.
"Don't listen to her,"I looked at him and he just walked away from me.

I got off the small wall I was sitting on, to apologize to my fans,"Sorry guys. I'll still hang out tonight."
They nodded and I walked up to my "mom","I want you out of my life for good. Leave me, my band, my boyfriend, and friends alone. Do you got me?"
"But I'm your mother,"She laughed.
"No you're not,"I glared,"A mother would never favor one child. I'm taking Jamie back."

With that I walked away from her telling the security to get her out of the venue which they did. How did I know? She bitched the entire time they took her.

Walking outside, I started my search for Patrick which lead me to my bus where he was on his phone and gathering his bag.

"Patrick, what are you doing?"I looked at him easy.
"I'm going home,'Patrick cleared his throat.
"You're not letting her get to you, are you?"
"Should I?"Patrick looked at me with tear stained eyes,"I mean what am I to believe when I find you on Cartel's bus?"
"Oh my god, you're so not listening to her,"I got defensive,"She's playing on. I would never cheat on you!"
"Honestly? Or you just lying to me,"Patrick zipped his bag.
"God, I can't believe this, the woman shows up just because Britney's in town, starts shit and you believe her?"I looked at him.
"Then make me not,"Patrick looked at him.
"Fine, talk to anyone in my band, in Cartel, I'm not cheating on you. Ask my best friend, your band mate, he'll tell you I wouldn't cheat on you."
"Til then, I'm heading home,"Patrick grabbed his bag.
"Patrick,"I started but he walked past me,"Patrick!"
"What?"
"Damn it! I've had enough of this, does I love not matter anymore?"
He just looked at me, not saying anything which I started again,"Every time I think we're good, you go and listen to my pathetic excuse for a parent and then we fight again. That bitch, is the reason I became so bitter towards family. I still have the scar where that glass hit me before I left her for good. You know the shit she put me through and you take her fucking side. Damn it, I'm done with this Patrick!"

I walked off the bus and headed straight to the bar that I told fans I'd met them at. See what I mean? We're always fighting which pisses me off. I was just drinking with Razzle since he always kept an eye on me when I was upset, he didn't want anyone to take advantage of me since I was vunerable right now. Two weeks into this tour and fighting with Patrick is not how I wanted to spend it.

I was just leaning on Razzle when I heard,"I need to talk to Reggie."

I felt Razzle sigh as he got up to leave me and Patrick to talk. Patrick pulled me outside where it was quieter and there was no one around but random people walking the streets. Little did I know that while I was here, my more famous sister, Britney actually did some good for me. She heard what my mom did, called Patrick and told him that I wouldn't cheat on him. I know right? Talk about heartache but remind me to thank her later on, maybe she wasn't that bad of a person after all? Or maybe something was going on with her that my mom wasn't letting anyone see?

"What?"I looked at Patrick.
"Um, well I'm sorry,"Patrick looked at me.
"Sorry? That's the second time Patrick, remember what I told you,"I sniffled a bit.
"I know but,"Patrick ruffled around his coat pocket as I rolled my eyes.
"But? But you blew it,'I looked at him.
"Which I'm hoping maybe you'll forgive me,"Patrick slowly pulled out this small box,"This is the reason I came out here."
"Why?"I looked at him.
Patrick got down on one knee when I finally gave him my full attention, he opened the small box then looked at me,"I know I've fucked up twice but I love you more than anything. Regina Spears, will you marry me?"

I wiped the tears from my eyes,"You know I'm pissed off at you, right?"
"Yeah I know,"Patrick smiled with a shrug,"But?"
"You always think there is a but?"I laughed a bit.
"Well is there?"
"Yeah,"I wiped my eyes,"Stand up."
Patrick stood up and looked at me,"So?"
I took a deep breath, I couldn't believe what I was about to say to him. I mean was pissed off at him but it seems my heart was doing the talking right now.