I Watched You on the Avenue

Sometimes I Feel Like Letting Go

It was the morning that both my band and Fall Out Boy had a show together at the new Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates. I hadn't been back to mine and Patrick's apartment since I talked to Pete. I mean I went there for clothes but Patrick wasn't home when I got there. So that's where I was right now, packing a suitcase and gathering some things for tonight. It's when I heard the front door open. I knew who it was, as I turned down the music slightly. I held back small tears since all I wanted was him to come in and tell me everything was fine, but it wasn't. I heard him walk to our bedroom, then he crossed my path as I hid my suitcase under the bed. I wasn't telling him where I was going til just before I left. I sighed a heavy sigh as I watched him check his phone on the table.

"You heading to soundcheck?"asked Patrick not looking at me.
"Yeah,"I said lightly with sadness in my voice.
"Your mom called,"He said checking this recent calls.
"That's nice,"I tried avoiding this again,"I'm heading out, I've got my phone."

I started to walk to the door when I stopped, I was expecting to hear him call my name but he didn't.

"You know I still love you with all my heart, right?"I asked choking back tears that wanted to fall. I knew he looked up at me, and I was hoping he'd say those words but he didn't.

"I'll see you later Reggie."

I ran out of the apartment and stopped at the curb. I felt the tears falling down my face. Anyways, so after the show that night, I walked past Patrick, he smiled slightly at me but I knew what I was about to do. Pete was waiting for me in his car, we drove back to my place, picked up my bags and I left a note.

"Patrick, I love you to death but this week has been like hell. I'm getting out of here for a while, away from everything.I'm with a good friend, I'll have my phone if you want to talk. I love you. Reggie"

I signed the note and kissed it lightly. Pete was standing in the doorway when I walked to him and he put an arm around my shoulder. We headed out to the car, it was late, everything was dark, the road wasn't too busy right now. I sighed as I watched the city fade into the distance. A feeling swept over me which made me smile as I feel asleep to the sound of the radio and the wheels against the pavement. Meanwhile, Patrick had just gotten home and read the note, he knew the one person that I would be with. Pete was watching the road when his cell phone went off.

"Hello?"
"Pete, is Reggie with you?"asked Patrick sorta nervous like.
"Well, I don't kn--"
"Pete!"
"Yeah she is."
"Where are you going?"
"I'm getting her away from Chicago, Illinois, you,"Pete mumbled the last part,"She needs some time to think."
"About what?"
"Hmm, I don't know you haven't said 'I love you' to her in a week, you've been fighting about her family who you know she can not stand."
"God, I'm such an asshole,"Patrick sighed.
"Yeah you are."
"I fucked up majorly."
"Yeah, once again you did."
"Could you tell her I love her?"
"She's asleep and I think she'd rather hear you say it."
"Oh, well,"Patrick sounded down,"Um, I'll call her later."
"We're heading to Ohio,"sighed Pete,"If you really love her, come here in about 4 days."
"Ok."
"And don't tell her i told you about us coming her."

Pete hung up the phone and looked down at me. He knew I'd be mad if I found out he told Patrick where I was but in Pete's mind right now, all he wanted to do was get us back together. And if that meant developing his own plan, then so be it.