I Watched You on the Avenue

What I Want

"I just want to be loved,"I closed my eyes looking at him slowly while reopening.
"And does he love you?"Tom questioned.
"He says he does,"I sighed,"But sometimes I doubt it."
"Come on,"Tom grabbed my hand to led me out of the bathroom.
"What? Where are we going?"
"Ask questions later,"He smirked.

Being pulled out of the my house and driven in my car was awkward. But he had a reason, Tom always did, even if it was random and totally unpredictiable. Watching the road at night drive by slowly, the lake side appeared out the window. Finally after he parked the car, we got out at this old spot where we used to go to get away from it all. So many memories were here, good ones, then well some really "bad" things.

"I haven't been here in a while,"I looked out into the lake,"Why bring me here?"
"We need to talk and well think,"He smiled then we walked to our small spot that no one's been to which was under a tree.
"This is nice,"I smiled lightly.
"It is,"He looked at me,"History was made here."
"Dork,"I shoved him lightly.
"We've changed, you know that."
"Yeah,"I sighed turning my attention back to the water.
"You and Patrick,"He looked at me which I slowly looked at him,"Just know that no matter what happens, I'll always love you."
I smiled lightly at him trying to think of what to say back to him.
"I know we broke up and all but if I could take it back I would've asked you to marry me,"He smiled then looked towards the water,"That's one of my biggest regrets not asking you."
"It's ok,"I shrugged.
"No it's not,"He looked at me,"I broke your heart which I never meant to do."
"We're cool now,"I smiled.
"It's just seeing you and Patrick together,"He sighed,"I miss that but at the same time I want you to be happy."
"I am,"I smiled at him,"I'll never stop loving you."
"That's the thing,"He sighed turning toward me,"You should be with him, I need to move on."
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying that you'll always have a place in my heart, maybe more than others but Patrick is perfet for you."
"So is this you walking out on me again?"
"No,"Tom stopped me,"No, never, this is just me, backing off a bit, watching you grow."
"I feel so bad, I was all pissed at Patrick,"I sighed.
"It'll happen,"Tom smiled,"You shoud go to him."
"I don't know,"I shrugged.
"Or call into what The Sauce you said they were going to?"Tom looked at me.
"Yeah,"I shrugged,"I feel weird talking to you about this."
"Don't,"He laughed,"We'll always have the memories. Besides since we're friends you can't get rid of me that easily."
I laughed,"I guess not."
"Come on, let's go back."

I headed home with him then fell asleep in my room that night. The next evening, I decided that I was calling into the The Sauce since well it was live and well it needed to be done. Waiting to be connected to Steven, I had it on in the background to see that Pete and Patrick were sitting on the couch with him.

"So, a surprise to all of you,"Steven started,"I've got Reggie Spears on the phone, how are you Reggie?"
"I'm good,"I laughed,"Sorry to interupt your show."
"No, it's cool,"Steven mentioned,"I heard you had something that you need to get off your chest?"
"Yeah,"I started slowly,"Since I'm not there and well a one Mr. Patrick Stump is there, I'm branching out and saying I'm sorry to him publicly and that I love him to death."
"So is it true, you two are engaged?"Steven asked looking at Patrick who blushed.
"Dude, don't make him blush,"I laughed.
"Well?"Steven asked.
"Yes,"Patrick smiled,"We just had a small fight before I came here."
"Wow thanks for airing our fights,"I rolled my eyes.
"But are you guys ok?"
"Yeah,"I laughed a bit,"I'm just a blond at some things and it takes a while to realize the best thing in my life is him."
"She's got the blonde thing right,"Pete mumbled.
"Shut up Pete,"I shot back,"I know where you live."