I Watched You on the Avenue

The new Addition

"Reg, what are you doing?"Patrick asked from his spot on the couch.
"Making waffles for dinnner,"I paused for a second,"And no they're not frozen waffles."
"It smells amazing."
"Thank you,"I smiled bigger at the comment.

I finished with the waffles when I told Patrick the food was done and he came to sit down to eat. It was sorta quiet for a second between us when I finally asked him the question I've been wanting to know.

"Can we get a dog?"I looked at him hopefully.
"A dog?"Patrick looked at me.
"Yeah, I seen this really cute Alaskan Malamute wolf mix puppy yesterday was wondering if we could get him.
"I don't see why not,"Patrick shrugged,"Just what will we do with him when we're both on tour."
"I could take him with me,"I shrugged,"The guys won't care."
"Ok, then we're getting a dog,"He smiled.
"Sweet,"I smiled at him.

Getting up the next morning, I snuck out earlier while Patrick was sleeping to get the dog. I decided to call him Blaze since it fit him. Once back in the house, I moved furniture around so that I could play with Blaze. Patrick woke up the sound of laughing a puppy barking on the floor. He stumbled out of our room, yawning and rubbing his eyes as he sat down next to us.

"Patrick, met our newest addition, Blaze. Blaze this is Patrick,"I smiled motioning to each of them.
"He's cute,"Patrick smiled.
"I know right?"
"So, Christmas is coming soon-"
"I know,"I smiled at him,"I'm still nervous about your parents though."
"They love you,"He smiled.
"I know but it's kinda weird for me,"I shrugged at him,"Do we have a date yet? I mean that's the next thing they'll want to know."
"What's today?"
"December 3rd,"I thought as I rolled Blaze over and his tail was wagging.
"Uhm, how about spring or something."
"Or summer,"I looked at him,"Then we could have an outdoor wedding if we wanted."
"Oh yeah that's how I want to spend my wedding, eaten alive by mosquitos,"Patrick rolled his eyes.
"It could be at night."
"They get thick then."
"Oh yeah,"I laughed a bit,"I don't know, I want something that's not traditional or normal."
"Which would fit you perfectly,"Patrick smiled bigger at me,"You're not normal."
"Look who's talking Stump,"I shot him a glance,"Kissing Pete and all."
"Hey, to be fair, he kisses me."
"Sure, just keep telling yourself that,"I nodded,"Just invite me to your guy's wedding."

I couldn't help it, his look was pretty much priceless, so I lost it. Patrick got off his chair to pin me to the floor and started tickling me.

"Stop!"I laughed,"Go...get...dressed."
"Fine,"He got off the top of me,"I'll be back in half an hour."