I Watched You on the Avenue

We're Under the Same Sky

There was a knock at the door which I wasn't expecting to hear right now since I don't think it was anyone we knew...or so I thought. Grabbing some clothes quickly, I threw them on to go answer the door. It was even cute how Blaze was now barking at the door in his puppy bark. Seemed early but oh well, it was still cute.

Opening the door, I seen Jaime standing there with a stand look on her face and looking a bit swollen.

"Jaime, what do you want?"I asked crossing my arms at her.
"Dad's on his way up,"She sighed,"We need to talk to you."
"Come in,"I sighed letting her in then my dad a few minutes later.

By that time Patrick was already dressed again and out in the living room with me wondering what was going on. I sat down across from my dad and Jaime as they looked nervous or something.

"Reggie, I know I haven't been in your life a lot,"My dad started.
"I know, what exactly do you want?"
"Well, I had a talk with Jaime, a judge, and a lawyer and we all came to the conclusion that the best thing for her right now is to be with someone that cares a lot about her."
"And this involved me how?"I looked at him.
"That person is you,"My dad looked at me.
Fuck, I looked at them,"What?"
"Jaime is going to be living with you again for a while."
"But dad, I'm close to figuring out my wedding with Patrick-"
"I know,"He sighed,"But she needs someone who's a good influence to her in her life."
"What about her boyfriend?"I lookeed at him,"He's not staying here."
"What?"Jaime looked at me.
"He won't,"My dad stopped her,"It's your house so that's all up to you."
"Fine,"I sighed,"He can visit but he's not to spend the night."
"But what if weather gets bad?"Jaime looked at me.
"He'll stay on the couch but there will be no sneaking out to him or him sneaking into your room,"I looked at her,"And if I tell him it's time to leave then he has to go."
"Fine,"Jaime mumbled.
"And you're still going to school,"I looked at her,"Then you are not to be alone with him with a closed door.'
"What if I have something important to talk to him about?"
"Keep the door open,"I shrugged,"It's not that hard."
"Then you should,"she glared.
"For one, I'm not 16 and pregant and two this is my house,"I looked at her.
"Jaime, it is her house,"My dad stepped in,"And you agreed at the lawyers that you'd follow her rules."
"Fine,"She sighed as she got up,"It'll be so boring."
My dad rolled his eyes as he looked at me,"Sorry Reg."
"It's ok,"I sighed,"Just she's frustrating."
"I know,"He nodded then got up,"We'll be back tomorrow to move her stuff in."
"Alright,"I sighed as they left.

I turned to look at Patrick who just gave me a sympathic smile. Blaze came up to me as I petted him.

"I guess we're getting her back,"I looked at him,"It sucks!"

I got up from the couch with Blaze as I got his leash out to take him for a walk. Patrick walked over to me and kissed me lightly.

"Hey it'll be ok,"Patrick smiled.
"I know,"I sighed,"I'm going to go for a walk with Blaze."
"Want me to come with you?"
"No,"I looked at him,"I just want to be alone right now."
"Alright,"He smiled,"I'll be here when you come back."