Sequel: Rememberance

Memory Loss

Go to Sleep

School was finally over and I turned to wake up Angel and Marissa. I pinched them both on the elbow making them wince and hit me. I rubbed my arm and pouted. Christian chuckled and walked to me with the rest of the zombies leaning on each other. That could not have been anymore boring unless they wanted a schoolwide sleepover.

"Laura?" Marissa yawned. "Excuse me." she said shaking her head her hair hitting Angel in the face. Angel sneezed and they just looked so out of it. "Laura are you going to be at my house tomorrow?"

"Yes. I will follow you home after school."

"Stalker." Bishop said."Shut up and try not to get hit with a car on your way home!" I yelled as he ran to the crosswalk. We all departed and said our goodbyes.

C.J. was pretty sleepy so I let him sleep with hishead on me. I was now feeling concerned for Jessica. She was in perfect health last time I saw her. I looked at her house and saw her before she saw me. She turned around and a man came up to her. I am gonna check up on her. I hate her and all but.... I don't like the looks of the guy.

I escorted C.J.'s corpse to his house. Ms. J and Mr. J looked at their son and waved at me. I smiled and let C.J. up the steps. I laid him in his bed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. I fell next to him. He kissed my forehead. I knew Ms. J was finst to come up here. So I gave him a kiss on the lips. I made sure he didn't think of it as a goodbye kiss. I will see him again.

I got up still holding his hand. He was stroking my palm sending warm chills through me. He leaned up quickly when his mom came in and kissed my cheek. I held my free hand to the mark and let go of his hand. I looked at Ms. J and she hugged me and sent me down the hall.

"Baby, we are going out tonight and you know we won't mind if you go over to Laura's just you better be asleep before midnight. You undertand?"

"Yes! Yes ma'am!" He jumped up and hugged his mom. He ran to the top of the stairs and I looked up at him. " See you after I am done with my howework!" I nodded. And in the moment I blew him a kiss. And he gave a devious smirk and walked back to his room. But, instead of work he needed a nap. That assembly was boring.

I walked in a dropped off my stuff. I knew momma already knew. I saw skyler and he was drinking pepsi and watching Naruto on Cartoon Network. "I will be right back okay. I need to go check on somebody." He nodded and went and put the can in the recyclable bin.

I walked to Jessica's house and knocked on the door. She had alot of howework so I was gonna just give her my homework and sneak into the school and get another copy. That guy opened the door. I sniffed him. I. Did. Not. Like. His. Scent. At. All.

He opened the door all the way and I saw Jessica tied to a chair with a sleeping solution in her blood. I walked in humanly. I acted the part. Just in case he still didn't know. I looked at him and back at Jessica.

I ran up to her dropping the manilla folder. He picked it up behind me. I looked at her. I turned and gave him a look of fear and anger for a friend.

"What did you do to her!" I acted like an idiot fighter showing the opposing fighter I was looking for a weapon."Calm down little girl." He said pulling out a syringe I ran upstairs and away from him screaming. He was pretty quick. He grabbed my ankle when I hot to the top of the steps I turned and looked at him finst to stab my ankle I timed my kick right so that the needle would flip into his shoulder. It did and he was out instanly. I kept my act up. And called the police in fake hysterics. I untied Jessica and tied the guy up just wrapping him in the rope and making a shoe tie.

It took them a while. I was able to run get my own homework and get back before they got there.

I was interogated and then let go. Jess went to the hospital for fluids. The guy was put in jail to be transferred at a previous hit of his in Utah. There was a strange case of people tied up and knocked out with the same stuff as his. He was still knocked out when they took him to the jail infirmary. My momma played her part too. She drove up stopped her car went past the yellow tape and held me like a child.

"Are you hurt? What do you think you were doing? You should have at least tried to call me sooner. Baby? I am so glad you are all right." That last sentence wasn't an act. I sighed into her shoulder. A police officer walked up. He was around his thirties and had no facial hair. Making him look alittle bit younger. He told my mom what I told him. The abridged version.

"....and ma'am thanks to your daughter a little girl is safe." He nodded to me with a thankful smile and went to his partners. Jessicas parents came as me and my mom were leaving. I touched her elbow as she was driving to show her what really happened. She nodded in understandment and dropped me and her stuff off. She felt like actually cooking today.

"What are we having?" I asked through the window.

"Creamy style chicken with rice." And she drove off. I walked in. Skyler looked at me.

"What?" I said sheepishly falling into the couch and resting my neck.

"Only you could go find a fight an d win and still be home for supper." I grinned at myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost time for everybody to go away. One of them. For forever.