He Kisses Boys

He Kisses Boys

I stared at the ceiling, aimlessly playing with my hair. I didn't expect anything good to come out of Halloween. I knew it'd be just another year of being stuck in the house, passing out candy to spoiled little children, half of whom would come back later to pull doorbell pranks to force me to come to the door. I sighed. It would be just another Halloween.

"Candy time, soon!" my mother said, followed by her witch cackle. For the past ten years, she's dressed as a witch and was part of the haunted house at the church a block over. This left me to pass out candy at the house. I shook my head. I was not in the mood for this.

"Yay," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm, "I can't even contain my excitement."

"Oh, Oli. Stop that," she said with a smile, followed by a cackle, "get in the spirit!"

I mumbled a few curse words under my breath and I know she only pretended not to hear it. She sighed and made her way to the bathroom to apply the green paint to finish her costume. I glanced at the clock. It was almost seven o' clock, and seven was when trick-or-treating started. I heard sirens from the cop cars making their way about our small suburbanite town just outside of Las Vegas.

The town always really got into Halloween. There wasn't much for kids to do since we lived near Vegas and weren't really allowed out after dark. The whole town tried to make Halloween the best possible to let kids have their fun, or something like that. I never got to go, so it's not like I knew or anything.

My mother drifted out from the bathroom, her face caked with green paint. She wore black lipstick and a fake raven on her pointed black hat. I blinked, used to the sight by now, and made my way to the kitchen.

"Get the candy bowl out, Oli!" my mother exclaimed,"But I have to go, sweetheart. The house opens at seven thirty so if you need anything before then, remember to tell them who you are." She kissed my cheek, smearing her cheap black lipstick all over. I cringed and turned on the faucet, splashing water on my face to get it off. She slammed the front door behind her and I heard her car start.

I removed her pre-prepared candy bowl from the spice cupboard. She'd secretly stashed it there every year so my father didn't get into it. He never knew about it because he was a volunteer fireman and had to be at the station. Apparently, kids like to set fire to things or something on Halloween. Honestly, I think it was an excuse for him to eat a lot of candy and get drunk with the rest of the volunteer firemen after trick-or-treating hours were over.

I set the candy bowl on the counter and made my way to the living room, finding some random horror movie that was playing on the movie channels, just to keep myself entertained while I had to pass out candy.

I remember one year when I set the candy bowl out on the deck, unaccompanied.

Apparentally, there's some sort of health regulation against that and the cops gave me a warning. Now, I have to keep going to the door for the stupid little weasels.

I started watching my movie in the living room, until the bell rang. I went to the door and opened it, shoving the big bowl outward for the small ballerina and the slightly bigger vampire, accompanied by their regular-dressed parents. They thanked me for the full-sized candy bars and ran off. My mom refuses to buy the fun-sized because everyone else is too cheap to buy the big ones. I swear she spends a hundred dollars on candy for complete strangers every year.

Every few minutes, someone would ring the doorbell. Around seven thirty, more and more children were coming to the doorstep. I knew this process. Almost twenty kids were lined up to get candy at a point.

The last person in line almost made me faint.

"Twick-o-tweat!" the small blonde said, the dark-haired beauty's arm around her. I wasn't sure what she was supposed to be. She was dressed in a leather jacket, heavy makeup, and tight clothes. I compared our outfits and almost laughed. It was pretty sad when people dressed up like you always do for Halloween.

"What are you supposed to be?" I asked, patting her head and holding out the giant bowl, trying not to look who I assumed to be her older brother in the eye. I might get dizzy and do something I'd regret.

"Maxie!" she chirped.

I furrowed my brow, but didn't ask questions, but I didn't have to.

"I'm Max Green, and this is my little cousin, Izzi Alpo." the raven-haired boy said, smiling. He reached out and shook my hand with a wink. I cursed at myself inwardly as I blushed and let go of his hand.

"Oli Sykes," I said. It was so hard not to stutter.

He smiled, his perfect ring-adorned lips gleaming the moonlight, "Pleasure."

"Maxie, my feet hurts," pouted Izzi.

"We'll find somewhere to sit in a minute," Max said.

"Well if you want, you guys can hang out in here for awhile and I'll turn off the porch light. I have nothing else to do."

Max looked down at Izzi and asked her if she would like that. She looked skeptical and tapped her tiny chin, "How will I get candy, then?"

In a desperate attempt to keep this gorgeous boy around, I shoved the bowl full of full-sized candy bars in her face, "Well I'll tell you what. You can have this whole thing."

She beamed and reached into the bowl, pushing around various types of candy bars to decide whether or not it was a good deal. She looked up at Max and grabbed his hand, dragging him into our house. He laughed a little and looked around as I flicked the switch to turn off the porch light.

"Nice place," he said, smiling again.

Wow, he has an amazing smile...

I snapped myself out of my trance and shook my head, "Oh, yeah. Thank you."

His attention turned toward the television, "Oh I love this movie! It's one of my favorites," he went to sit on the couch but asked, politely, "may I?"

"Of course," I looked from the television to Izzi and almost got angry. It wasn't exactly appropriate for her but it was the perfect movie to watch with such a gorgeous guy. He wouldn't get disgusted if I clung to him a little. Even if he didn't like me, I kind of wanted him to hold me. I'm so desperate. And way too feminine.

"Should she be watching this?" I asked him, looking at the blonde as she munched away at her candy.

He shrugged, "She's watched worse. It'll be fine," he patted the spot next to him, "Come on. I don't bite. And it's your house. You deserve a seat."

I timidly took the spot on the couch next to him and we began watching the movies. I felt his eyes on me a few times, but I figured it must just be my imagination, and I would've noticed him looking at me, since I've been staring at him almost the whole time.

Max's cell phone went off. He apologized as I paused the movie (we have DVR) and answered his phone.

He went into the kitchen and I heard him argue a little bit.

"That's pwolly Wonnie," Izzi whispered, mouth full, "cuz him and Maxie fights a lot."

"Oh," I nodded, ignoring her.

"Maxie and Wonnie used to kiss a lots. I never knew why. I thought boys kissed girls but Maxie and Wonnie stopped kissing so I never got to ask."

I blinked. At least I knew he was gay now, but it wasn't as though he would go for me. I was just Oli, nothing special. I chewed on my lip stud and he came back in the room, smiling a little.

"Was that Wonnie?" asked Izzi.

"Yes, Izzi."

"Are you gonna make up?" she asked.

He shook his head, "No, Izzi. Eat your candy."

I looked at him and smiled a little, turning the movie on.

About five minutes later, Izzi looked up and asked, "Why did you and Wonnie kiss, Maxie?"

Max began to cough and glared at his little cousin, "We just did."

"But boys kiss gi--"

"Eat your candy!" he barked at her. It was obvious he was embarrassed.

"I don't care that you're gay," I said, cocking an eyebrow, "actually I am, too. I'm no hypocrite."

"Oh," he said, and continued watching the movie.

I pursed my lips and turned my own attention back to the movie.

"I like your shirt," he said, sort of randomly. I cocked my eybrow again and slowly thanked him.

He blushed, "It's just a really good band...sorry."

"Yeah, they are," I said and laughed a little, "and don't be sorry."

"Well I don't really know you and I'm acting like an idiot."

"Nah. You're fine. I do that sometimes too. It was hard not to act like an idiot when you first came in, so it's all good."

"What does that mean?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"I like your eyes," he said, studying them sort of close. I blinked and he apologized again.

"Stop that. You're complimenting me. Don't apologize for it," I said and smiled a little.

"Maxie!" Izzi screeched.

Max turned to glare at her, "What is it?"

"Are you gonna kiss Oli?"

His eyes widened and he looked at me, apologizing for what she said.

"Don't apologize," I insisted again.

"Well I--" he blushed, "I don't know you really hardly at all and I--"

"You what?"

"Maybe I want to."

"Want to what?"

"Kiss you."

"Maybe I want you to."

He beamed, "Then...maybe I should?"

"Maybe you should," I said, smiling.

I felt my heart beat a million times faster as his warm lips and cool lip rings hit my own, scraping against my stud. I felt his tongue enter my mouth and I smiled, catching it with my own, massaging it in incraments. We pulled apart to breathe and he bit his lip.

"I kind of really like you a lot," he said, blush creeping up his cheeks, "even though I don't know you that well. I don't know. This all feels...good."

I smiled at him and pecked his lips, "It does all feel good. I still don't know why you would like me at all though."

He shook his head, "You're gorgeous. I don't know why you would like me at all."

I raised an eyebrow, "Because you're like the most gorgeous person I've ever seen in my life. And you're really nice."

He smiled and buried his face in my neck, "Do you want to go out sometime? For real."

I nodded like mad, "Yes!"

I felt him smile again against my neck. He reached into his back pocket for an eyeliner pencil and scribbled his number onto my arm.

I took the pencil from him and put my own number on his. He grinned at me.

"Maxie! We have to go home!" Izzi said, looking at the clock.

Max looked up and nodded. After pecking my lips again, he winked at me, "See you later, sugar."

Four Years Later

"Happy anniversary, sugar," Max said, wrapping his long arms around my small waist and kissing my cheek. I turned around and kissed his pierced lips. It was Halloween morning and our apartment was covered in decor, done of course, by my mom.

"Happy anniversary to you, too," I said and frowned, "but why on Earth did she have to do all of this?"

Max shrugged and tightened his grip on my waist, "I don't know. It's fine though. Let's just have a good time."

"Mmm..." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and being enveloped in his warmth.

He pet my hair and informed me of our plans for the day, "I was thinking...I'll make you big breakfast, then we can take a shower," I moaned a little as he smirked, "then we can watch our favorite movie, go to dinner, then come home and have some hot four-year-anniversary sex. Sound good?"

"Sounds amazing," I said, pecking his lips.

He led me to the table, his arm around my waist. I sat down and he leaned down to kiss my lips.

"I love you forever, Oli Sykes."

I blushed, "I love you forever, too."

He smiled and got down on one knee, pulling a velvet box out of his pajama pants pocket, "I know this is all a little unorthodox, but Oliver Sykes, will you marry me?"

My eyes widened and I couldn't help but squeal and nod. He smiled and put the ring on my finger, getting up and kissing my lips again.

"I love you forever."

"I love you forever, too." I was grinning. It didn't matter that we both had old makeup streaked down our faces, or that our hair was horrid, or even that Max wasn't wearing a shirt, but it was perfect to me all the same.

And it was all just because she said, "He kisses boys."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of drabble, I know.

Check out my other stories (my full-ons and my oneshots, but I'd rather you comment the full-ons than the oneshots, but I love you if you do both!)

Love
Jheri