Baby, We Have Eternity

Go Bite Yourself

I walked through the dark city, with my head down, trying not to draw attention to myself. And also trying to ignore the dry burning in my throat. But I hadn’t hunted in over a week, and it was starting to get to me. I wished I had listened to Michael, who had told me time and time again that I shouldn’t test my limits and just accept my one weakness: thirst. I stopped as a new smell approaching caught my attention, and sure enough, a man came around the corner, eyeing me.

“What’s a pretty girl like you doing all late this alone?” he slurred. I smirked wryly. He obviously didn’t know what he was getting himself into. My throat was on fire, and I didn’t care to test my self control anymore. I swallowed, licking my dry lips, telling my impatient self I’d drink from him soon enough. I took a step closer, smiling sweetly, and he looked vaguely surprised behind his drunken stupor.

I stared at him appraisingly and he struggled to stand upright. He was well-built, and his blonde head of hair seemed to glow in the moonlight. I distantly registered that he might be considered attractive in human terms, perhaps more so while sober. I could hear his heartbeat and blood pulsing in my ears.

The fire in my throat raged on, and I almost lost control and bit him right then. But I knew better than to endanger the clan. I had to lure him away from where we might be seen by other humans.

“Come with me,” I whispered seductively into his ear. He obediently followed, of course.

So trusting. So foolish. So…human.

In no time I had lured him to the alley, where I immediately sank my fangs into his neck effortlessly before he had a chance to realize what was happening. As I drained him of his blood, I felt another presence, but decided it could wait until I was done. The alcohol had given his blood a funny aftertaste I didn’t quite enjoy, but at least I wasn’t thirsty anymore.

I pulled away after wiping my bloodstained lips on his dark jacket. His body crumpled in a heap to the dirty alley ground, dead. He was so pale without his blood. He almost looked like one of us.

Almost.

I felt the presence directly behind me now, slightly tensing up as I recognized who it was.

“Wentz,” I acknowledged, before turning to face him. He continued to walk towards me.

“Hanna, it’s been too long. Beckett finally letting you off your leash?” he grinned, fangs showing. I growled at him as he circled me, looking me up and down in a not-so-subtle manner.

“Stump finally letting you off yours?” I retorted, smirking successfully as a flash of annoyance crossed his facial features.

“I was just surprised that Beckett would let his prize vampire hunt alone,” he said, stopping about a foot in front of me. “Without her usual guard.” I suppressed another growl and curled my hands into fists.

“I’m not his prize, and I don’t need a bodyguard.”

“Unless, of course, he doesn’t know his precious vampire is in the city all alone,” he continued, as if I hadn’t interrupted. I said nothing and looked away.

“Go bite yourself, Wentz,” I snarled angrily. He laughed a rough laugh.

“Clever, too. No wonder he keeps you hidden away.” I resisted the urge to resort to human violence and punch him in the face, knowing it would have no effect whatsoever on his vampire skin.

“Drop dead,” I growled, before spinning on my heels and starting down the alley.

“That’s not the only way to live, you know,” he stated, almost inaudible to even my own vampire ears.

“What?” I asked, trying to hide the curiosity in my voice as I paused but didn’t turn around.

“His way isn’t the only way,” he said, only slightly louder now. He had come up behind me. “We live a different way,” he said, breath on my neck and hands on my waist. I closed my eyes and shivered a little. “I wouldn’t lock you up. You could leave. You could be free.” I pulled away, scoffing at the ridiculousness of his empty words.

Free?

Never. I was bound to William in a strange way I couldn’t even comprehend. He had turned me, he had a certain degree of control over me, and he was the head of the clan. I would never be free.

“Nice try, Wentz. You almost had me convinced there,” I scoffed sardonically, heading off again. He gave another humorless laugh before calling one last thing after me:

“Baby, we have eternity.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I wasn't going to post this so soon, but I decided, hey. It's Halloween, right?

... Besides, I might be a vampire later tonight and I'm currently working on the sixteenth chapter, so why not?

Hope you like it & feedback is very much appreciated!