Baby, We Have Eternity

Someone's Outside

“Hanna, where are you going?”Brendon asked, on his way back from hunting, as I rushed past him down the main stairs. I had decided to take a chance and visit Pete and the rest of the guys again.

“To hunt,” I said briskly. He grabbed my arm before I got too far.

“Why didn’t you come with me when I asked you earlier?” he asked, a hint of hurt in his voice.

Uh-oh. Caught in a lie.

“I changed my mind,” I said quickly, attempting to pull my arm away.

“Really, Hanna?” he asked, holding me there, looking into my eyes.

“Yes, Brendon,” I said impatiently, not breaking eye contact. We stared at each other as he tried to figure out if I was being honest or not. I felt bad for lying, but what else could I do?

“I’ll see you later then, I guess,” he said finally, letting go of me and heading up the stairs.

I headed outside and sighed in relief.

I hunted relatively quickly, hurriedly making my way to the warehouse.

I was greeted warmly by the Patrick, Andy, Joe, and Pete, but there was no sign of Butcher and Sisky.

“They had to take care of some things,” Pete explained, seeing my disappointed expression.

I hung out at the warehouse with the four of them, hoping Butcher and Sisky would comeback before morning. We had been laughing at one of Joe’s stories when Pete abruptly shushed us.

“Someone’s outside,” he announced, eyes narrowed. Now that he mentioned it, I could feel a familiar presence as well. He swiftly exited the room.

“What-” I began.

“Ssh…” Patrick said, listening intently. Him, Joe, and Andy collected their weapons and left the way Pete had. I followed, not wanting to be left alone.

There was a crash and a struggle as we ran out into the night.

Pete shoved the intruder vampire onto the ground in front of us. He was a Dandy, I could tell. It was dark, but I recognized the startled face as soon as Andy shone a light on it.

“No!” I shouted, running forward to stop Patrick and Joe, as they aimed their weapons at Brendon’s heart. Pete quickly grabbed me. I struggled as he restrained me. “Patrick, please! He’s my friend!” I shouted, close to tears. He glanced at me, quickly getting the message and backing off of Brendon.

“You wouldn’t hurt an old friend, would you?” Brendon asked from the ground, as they backed away.

“Brendon?” Patrick asked in disbelief, staring down at him, squinting to see with Andy’s dim light.

“Patrick?” Brendon mock replied, grinning back at him. Patrick immediately pulled him up by the hand and gave him a man-hug, soon followed by Pete, Joe, and Andy. I sighed in relief.

“Sorry, man,” Patrick apologized. “I haven’t seen you since you changed, you look so different.”

“No worries,” Brendon smiled. I sighed in relief.

We all headed back inside, and I felt relaxed for the first time in a long time.

If only sunrise didn’t have to come so quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, kinda fillerish....more soon though & thanks for commenting and stuff(new commenter = undead_princess)

So I've been frustrated because I have a bunch of unfinished stories that I would like to start posting on here, but I don't want to post until I finish them...it would be nice of you to vote on which I should try to finish first and would help alot.

Here are some of the choices: Josh Farro, Michael Guy Chislett, Gabe Saporta...