Baby, We Have Eternity

Have I Told You That Before?

“Hanna!” I didn’t turn around to the sound of Brendon’s voice and instead slipped inside my room, quickly shutting the door and locking it behind me. “Hanna, please?” he asked, knocking softly.

I sat on my bed, hugging myself as I resisted the temptation to open the door.

I heard him give a sigh before his footsteps headed in the direction of his own room.

It’s not like I wanted to ignore him.

Visiting Pete and the guys was supposed to be my secret, not his.

I couldn’t drag him or anyone else any farther into this.

If I were caught, that would be one thing. But if he were caught, too?

I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself for allowing that.

Brendon had already come too far in following me that night, and I couldn’t let him get more involved.

“Hanna?”

This time it was Ryan’s voice. I sighed and went to open the door just slightly.

“Can I come in?” he asked. I nodded, letting him in, and we sat on my bed. “Brendon’s upset,” he stated.

I studied my hands, feeling terrible.

“I know.” We had a long silence.

“Do you want to tell me why you’re being so distant?” he eventually asked. I shook my head.

“I can’t.”

“Then will you hunt with me?” he asked.

I opened my mouth to say no, but closed it when I saw the sad look he was
giving me.

“Okay,” I agreed. He smiled. I followed him out of my room, down the stairs, and out the front door. I began to panic, seeing Jon and Spencer waiting for us at the edge of the property.

“Brendon hunted with Michael last night,” Ryan whispered to me, and I relaxed.

The four of us headed into the city, taking our time.

“Let’s just go in here, I’m thirsty,” Spencer said, nodding towards a bar down the street. We followed him inside, where he and Jon immediately began to search for their victims. Ryan and I hung back.

I watched him scan his eyes around the smoky bar, looking for his prey.

I already saw a group of girls eying him from their table in the corner. He took no notice.

Ryan had been pretty before becoming a vampire, and he was even more so as immortal.

His victims didn’t stand a chance.

He headed off towards someone, leaving me alone as I chose my dinner.

“Hanna?” I heard a genuinely surprised voice ask.

“Pete?” I asked, spinning around to face him.

“Hey,” he grinned.

“Hi,” I replied, nervously glancing around to see where the guys were. “Listen Pete, I can’t talk now, I-”

“No, I get it,” he said, following my gaze over to Spencer at the bar.

“I just don’t want to get them in trouble,” I shrugged simply.

“Then who’s going to keep you out of trouble?” he asked quietly. I shrugged uncomfortably again.

“I have to go,” I said, knowing I had to hunt before the guys came to find me. He nodded, understanding.

“Do you want me to answer your question?”

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“Before, you wanted to know why I don’t have to hunt. Just come by the warehouse sometime,” he said, shrugging before leaving the bar.

Was he serious?

I snapped out of it, hunted, and then met up with the guys again, who had just ordered a round of drinks. It was almost sunrise before I managed to convince them that it was time to leave.

“Hanna!” Spencerslurred laughed happily, as we exited the bar.

“Spency,” I retorted, just before he tried to jump on my back. “Spencer,” I complained. Not that I couldn’t handle it, but super-vampire strength or not, having a not-so-light vampire throw himself onto your back is just a bit uncomfortable. I set him down impatiently as he pouted, stumbling a little as I let him down.

Instead, he went off to do the same to Ryan, who, like me, hadn’t drunk as much and also did not appreciate being jumped on from behind.

“Hanna…” Jon whined, slinging an arm around my shoulders as he stumbled along. I sighed. “You’re pretty, Hanna,” he slurred. “Have I told you that before?” I rolled my eyes.

“Only eleven times tonight, Jon,” I replied, hearing Ryan stifle a laugh behind us.

“You’re my best friend, Hanna,” he continued, trying to whisper secretively. “But don’t tell Brendon. Or Ryan. Or Spen-” He hiccupped.

“You’re secret’s safe with me, Jon,” I said seriously, trying not to laugh as I heard Ryan chuckle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter.... and a thank you to LAIheartsCMV & eslizard and all my old commenters.....