Baby, We Have Eternity

I Was Thirsty

I headed back for the manor, seeing as it was still early in the night and hoping that no one noticed my lack of presence. Sunrise wouldn’t be for at least another five hours.

I pushed open the front door open and was about to head up the impressive staircase when-

“There you are!” I heard Michael’s beautifully accented yet overly worried voice stop me before I hit the second step. “Where were you? Do you know how much trouble you’ve caused for yourself?” I sighed impatiently, closing my eyes.

“Let me guess. William wants to see me.”

“Of course he bloody wants to see you!” Michael exclaimed, more worried than I was.

“Michael, calm down,” I said dully, but following him to the main room, where most of the Dandies were gathered. William was seated in the largest armchair by the fire. Few of the Dandies seemed to acknowledge my presence as I made my way across the room, but I could tell they were watching through the corners of their eyes. William stared me down as I walked to his chair at a very mortal pace.

I could see that his normally brown eyes were tinged with red, which of course wasn’t a positive sign that he was in the forgiving mood. I eventually came to a stop in front of his chair.

“Where were you?” he demanded in an extremely low tone of voice.

“Hunting,” I answered swiftly. He didn’t scare me, nor was I going to pretend for his benefit or reputation.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone where you were?” His voice was calm, seemingly unconcerned, but I could hear the furious undertones.

“I didn’t feel the need to, seeing as I was only gone for an hour.”

“Where were you?” he asked again. I could sense his temper rising at my disrespect, despite his calm tone.

“As if it’s any of your business where or when I choose to hunt,” I stated, in the same tone of voice he was using, knowing full well that I had just crossed the fine line. I mentally slapped myself for saying it, I would have to answer for it later. He growled, a low rumble in his throat that showed he wasn’t happy with my reply. I crossed my arms and looked at the ceiling, knowing I was making him angry. The other Dandies watched on hesitantly as he stood up from his chair. He towered over me dangerously, but I made no show of fear as I stared into his now entirely crimson eyes.

“Go upstairs. We’ll talk about this later,” he hissed.

“Fine,” I stated calmly, before spinning around and walking across the room in seconds. I didn’t feel like playing his little socialite trophy puppet tonight anyways.

I went straight to my bedroom and laid on my comfortably sized bed, waiting for William.

He burst into my room a few hours later. I sat up straight, caught off guard, even though I knew it was coming eventually.

“How dare you disrespect me like that?” he demanded. “Who do you think you are to speak to me like that in front of my clan?” I didn’t reply. “I specifically told you not to leave the house tonight!”

“I was thirsty,” I replied simply, knowing he wouldn’t believe me.

Thirsty?” he exclaimed incredulously. “Don’t lie to me, Ryan took you hunting two nights ago!”

“I wasn’t thirsty two nights ago,” I lied calmly, looking up at his livid face from my seat on the bed.

“You didn’t hunt?!” He looked even angrier now. “Why do you insist on defying me?”

“You don’t own me,” I replied, through clenched teeth. “I have a mind of my own, you don’t-”

I changed you! I am the reason you have a place to sleep during the day! Where would you go otherwise?” he demanded. I looked away, knowing he was right.

You could be free, Pete’s voice echoed in my mind. I shoved that idiotic thought away.

He grabbed my chin with his long, pale fingers, forcing me to look at him, into his red irises.

I said nothing, which gave him the sense that he had won.

“That’s what I thought. Nowhere. You have nowhere else to go. This is your place, and you better learn it and do as I say.” He took his long cold fingers back from my face and left the room with a door slam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don’t like making Bilvy mean, but I have to…

And a special thank you to my first commenters: get-unique, checkyesjuliet, and Santi-Christ(Who gets an extra-special thanks for letting me bounce ideas off of her and helping me figure out the ending).

You too can be special like them. Just leave me a comment. ; )

That kind of made me sound like an infomercial…like ‘You too can be part of this special offer!’

But other than that, I am super-excited to see TAI in t-minus two days…I would love to meet Chizzy, well, all of them, really, since I didn't get to meet them on Warped... : (

Comment, please!