Baby, We Have Eternity

Bad Breath

I was sitting at the kitchen table at the warehouse, waiting for Pete to show me why he didn’t hunt. I didn’t tell him, but I had hunted before coming here. I had been trying to test my limits again, but I didn’t think it was such a good idea for everyone at the warehouse to be my first subjects.

I vaguely wondered why he didn’t hunt the normal way. We were vampires, after all. I suspected that maybe that was the reason. Pete never wanted to be a vampire, and he’d rather avoid the reality of it.

I watched as he threw many ingredients into a blender and hit “blend.”

I frowned in confusion, wondering what he was doing.

He poured the bright red contents in a cup and handed it to me. I raised an eyebrow at him skeptically and he grinned in return.

They all watched in anticipation as I slowly raised the glass to my lips. Butcher, Sisky, and Joe watched at the edges of their seats while Pete, Andy, and Patrick observed patiently.

I quickly took a gulp and immediately regretted it after as I began to cough and choke on the foul liquid. I managed to swallow it, feeling myself want to gag it back up.

It tasted sour, bitter, salty, and sickeningly sweet all at once. Not to mention the disgusting smell.

They all laughed at the look on my face.

“You owe me ten dollars, Butch. She didn’t spit it out,” Sisky laughed.

“How can you stand drinking that?!” I demanded of Pete, coughing a few more times. He smirked.

“You get used to it. Have I changed your diet?” he questioned in amusement.

“Don’t think so,” I informed him. “Just gave me bad breath.” He laughed. Sisky, Joe, and Butcher excused themselves to watch tv, Andy went to his room to read, and Patrick announced that he had work to do.

I was left with Pete, who finished off the rest of the liquid. I shook my head at him before catching a glance at the clock.

“Oh, no!” I said, suddenly jumping up from my seat.

“What?” Pete asked in alarm, standing up as well.

“I have to go, it’s almost midnight!” I exclaimed.

“But-”

“I’ll come back another day,” I reassured him.

“Okay,” he said, hesitating before pressing his lips to mine. I pulled his head closer to mine for a few seconds before leaving.

I ran at top vampire speed back to the manor, rushing up the stairs and to my room just in time to throw on my vibrant blue dress and meet William outside his study.

“You’re almost late,” he muttered.

“I’m sor-” I began to apologize, when he suddenly spun me around, pressing me to the wall with his body. He ran his hands down my hips teasingly, pulling me closer against him.

He kissed my neck, making his way up to my mouth as I stayed frozen in confusion.

He promptly forced his tongue into my mouth, and I kissed back for fear of appearing suspicious.

He pulled away suddenly, frowning distastefully.

“Who or what did you drink from?” he asked, obviously tasting the substance Pete had made me earlier in the night. I opened my mouth to answer, racking my brain for excuses. He waved it away indifferently, acting as if nothing had happened, and we continued downstairs as I sighed in relief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for bearing with me for the past few chapters.....filler is over and Bilvy is back. : )

...Its back to school on Monday for me...I'm not sure how I feel about that yet...and also the pink streaks in my hair are fading so i don't know if I want to get them touched up or maybe a different color. What do you suggest?

But enough about my life, I wanted to thank you (yet again) for reading/subscribing/commenting (new commenter = BellaBelle) because this is my most successful story so far, so.....THANK YOU! : )

<3 <3 Me