Baby, We Have Eternity

Dirty

I pulled my clothes on hurriedly and rushed back to my room upon waking up in his bed.

Thankfully, he stayed asleep and I left unnoticed. I didn’t want a repeat of last night if he just so happened to be in the mood again.

I locked myself in my roomas if that could stop a vampire, crawling into bed after changing my clothes, hoping I wouldn’t feel as dirty.

It didn’t help.

I buried my face in my pillow, screaming into it to let out my frustration.

Tears were streaming down my face as I rolled onto my back to stare blankly at the ceiling.

I just wanted to stay here all night.

But I wouldn’t be able to handle it if William asked for me again tonight.

It made me sick that he could still make me want him.

Sure, I could have somehow avoided last night, I’m sure I could have found a way. But I didn’t.

Because a part of me still craved him.

All the false connotations his kisses gave off. As if he still cared. As if he had never changed.

I walked into the connecting bathroomas if needed one and turned on the sink to splash water on my face. I looked tired.

Try as I might, I still felt dirty.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

I had to get out of here.

Ten minutes later, I was standing outside the warehouse, debating whether to knock or not.

The door swung open at the exact moment I was about to turn away.

“Hanna?” Pete asked, letting me inside. I smiled weakly.

“I…I just…” I began, not knowing exactly what to say. I glanced at him helplessly.

“You can stay and hang out for a bit,” he offered. I nodded gratefully, following him to the living room. we sat on the couch silently. “So are you-”

I burst into tears without warning.

“Hanna?” he asked in alarm, leading me over to the couch as I shook uncontrollably.

“I can’t take it anymore, Pete,” I sobbed. “I don’t love him! Why can’t I stop it?” I cried. He pulled me into his arms and let me cry into his shirt. I calmed down just as quickly and suddenly.

“Patrick thinks that since human senses get stronger after the change, that maybe some emotions get stronger, too,” he offered quietly. We fell silent and he let go of me, looking away. “You really loved him, didn’t you?” he asked suddenly, barely a whisper. I nodded wordlessly.

“I’m sorry, I’m such a baby,” I said, wiping my eyes and starting to stand up.

“You’re not,” he said firmly, pulling me back down next to him by the hand.

“I hate it,” I said, instinctively resting my head on his shoulder like Ryan always let me do when I had my moments. It didn’t feel so different, but he tensed up a little.

I made to move, but then he pulled me back to his shoulder, arranging his arms around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not entirely happy with this chapter....
As usual, thanks to my new commenters: Synergy Gates , ChemicallyImbalanced, Butchsky Exists…and also hey-moon cuz she comments a lot. : -)

…If you still need an FBR vampire fix, then I completely suggest you read this:
http://www.mibba.com/story/bellastar/A-Little-Less-Sixteen-Candles-The-Directors-Cut/

It is honestly the funniest thing I’ve read on this site. No joke. Enjoy :D