Baby, We Have Eternity

Liar

“Shit,” I groaned, finally pulling away from Pete, as I realized the time.

“What?” he asked distractedly.

“It has to be late,” I said, starting to panic. “I’m so late.” I quickly stood up, starting to walk away.

“Will he be angry?” he asked, grabbing my wrist to stop me.

“I don’t know,” I said. “Pete. I have to go,” I said, when he wouldn’t let go of my arm. He pulled me close for one last kiss.

“Be careful,” he said. I nodded, turning and running the rest of the way to the manor.

I slipped inside, not seeing anyone in the entrance hall. I heard voices down the hall and took it as a bad sign; it must have started already. I dashed up the stairs, up to my room and closing the door behind me. I ripped open the box on my bed and quickly pulled on my new dark teal dress. I pulled a brush through my hair a few times and slipped on high heels before rushing down the stairs.

I paused at the hall door, scared of what awaited me inside.

I yanked the door open, and walked rapidly across the room to where William was standing, ignoring all the looks I was getting from the other Dandies. He turned to face me, waiting expectantly.

“I’m so sorry,” I apologized to him quietly. “I was hunting and- I…I lost track of time, and-”

I stopped before I could finish my apology.

What was wrong with me? Months ago I wouldn’t have cared, let alone apologized. Maybe Brendon was right about me changing.

I was going soft.

“I’m sure you can make it up to me later,” he stated, so only I could hear, his fingers tracing up and down my bare arm and making me shudder at the thought. I backed away slightly.

He grinned, pulling me closer to him by the waist and turning back to his guests, continuing the previous conversation.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

The gathering ended too early for my liking, and I was back in William’s room, those bats coming back to haunt me and my feelings once again.

William slipped his tongue into my mouth, running his cold fingers through my hair. He suddenly pulled away.

“You smell off,” he informed me suspiciously. I froze, not knowing what to say. He didn’t wait for a reply and instead began kissing my collarbone, making his way up my neck.

This time, instead of pretending that we were mortal again, I thought of Pete.

This was not William kissing my neck, nor was it my Bill anymore. It was-

“Pete-” I murmured inaudibly, barely a whisper.

He abruptly stopped and stared at me. I froze again, realizing my mistake.

“What did you say?” he asked slowly as he backed away, his irises starting to burn a bright reddish color and eyes narrowing in suspicion.

“I didn’t-” I began fruitlessly, shifting away from him.

Liar!” he shouted. I cringed at the volume of his voice.

“No-”

“All I ask is one thing of you! One thing: do as I say!” His eyes were a bloody red. “Is that so difficult for you to understand? I told you never to speak to that vampire!”

I flinched away, afraid he’d hurt me.

“William, please-”

“Ungrateful whore!” he exclaimed, grabbing me roughly by the upper arm.

He dragged me down the corridors at his fast pace, and I struggled to keep up. We passed Michael and Brendon and a few other Dandies on the staircase, who could only watch and try to figure out what was going on through my panicked glances. He kicked the door open as we reached my bedroom, flinging me onto my bed. I massaged my arm where he had gripped me and looked away.

He glared down at me in repulsion, grabbing my chin between his fingers and forcing me to look at him.

“You’re forbidden to leave this room until I decide your punishment,” he stated, pushing me down onto the bed again in disgust.

“What…what if I need to hunt?” I pointed out.

“You’re forbidden to leave this room!” he snarled, before slamming the door shut and leaving me scared for my future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grr....I really meant to update this sooner, but my internet connection is freaking out so hopefully I can get it fixed today and not leave you at this horrible cliffhanger for too long...

But anyways thanks for the comments (New commenters: nicole_730, maccaveen, Oliver Spencer Smith, & peen whentz.

Comments would cheer me up....next time I even get online, that is. : /