Baby, We Have Eternity

Everything

“Hanna!” I awoke to urgent knocking on my door. I was surprised. At least four days had passed since William had confined me to my room; I definitely hadn’t been expecting anyone.

I quickly ran to the door and opened it slightly, seeing Brendon’s face. I yanked it all the way open and embraced him, immediately starting to sob onto his shirt.

“Hanna, shh…” he murmured, leading me toward the bed.

“I can’t!” I cried. “He knows! He knows everything!”

“What do you mean?” he asked, pulling me into his arms. I paused my crying long enough to tell him what had been going on, then I started to cry harder than before. “Hanna…” he said in a strained voice. “You need to calm down, I’m not supposed to be in here.”

“I’m so sorry,” I mumbled into his chest. “For everything.”

“Don’t be,” he replied, pulling me closer.

“Bren, what’s he going to do with me?” I whispered, once I had stopped crying.

“I don’t know,” he answered honestly.

“I’m scared,” I admitted. I had never admitted I was scared of William before. I had never really been scared of him, but then again, I had never done anything to make him this angry.

“We’re going to figure this out, okay?” he asked, tightening his hold on me once again. “I won’t let anything bad happen to you. I promise. So you don’t need to worry, alright?” I nodded. “I’m going to talk to the guys, and I’m going to find a way to keep you safe,” he decided confidently. I finally relaxed, feeling safe in his arms. He pulled away. “I have to go now,” he said.

“Okay,” I nodded unhappily, wiping my eyes on my sleeves.

“Don’t worry,” he whispered soothingly, kissing my forehead before exiting the room.

I curled back into my spot on my bed, hoping that Brendon’s words were enough comfort to last me as long as I needed.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

It had been twelve days since I had last hunted.

My grief had warded off my thirst in the beginning, but now all I could think about was blood.

Thirst clawed at my throat mercilessly.

No one had visited me since Brendon, so I was lonely as well. I didn’t blame them; William had probably given express orders for everyone to stay away. I wouldn’t even be surprised if there was one of his vampires guarding the hallway.

My head throbbed painfully, and I vaguely wondered how long I could take this before I broke down completely.

I hadn’t moved from my spot curled up on my bed for days. The only relief I had was sleep, which was admittedly growing harder each morning.

I was feeling weaker with each night that passed.

I felt like I was wasting away and I wanted it to end.

I’d do almost anything for it to end.

Compared to this, that one time I had Brendon cover for me was easy.

This was just plain painful.

I’d even settle for that foul-smelling liquid Pete drinks.

I clung to Brendon’s promise to get me through the nights.

I just hoped it was enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
I might update tomorrow if I have time.

Thanks for the comments!! : D