Baby, We Have Eternity

I'll Be Good Tonight

I woke up exactly at sunset and rubbed my eyes. I drew my hands back in confusion; they were wet. I brought them back to my face, it dawning on me that I must have been crying in my sleep. I was slightly disturbed; vampires rarely cry.

And on top of that, I had no idea what the cause for my tears might have been.

I definitely hadn’t been crying after William left my room. It must be some subconscious thing.

I was startled by a knock. I walked over to the door as I straightened my wrinkled shirt.

“William wanted me to give you this,” Mike said, as soon as I opened the door. I took the box from him. “I wish I could stay and hang out with you, but I have to go. I’ll see you later,” Mike said, turning away.

“Later?” I repeated in confusion.

“We have visitors tonight,” he informed me. “I have to go now. William needs my help.”

“Oh,” I replied, letting him go as not to keep William waiting. After all, he was William’s right hand man…I mean, vampire.

I placed the box on my bed before opening it.

There was a simple black dress inside, with a handwritten note on top.

We have visitors tonight, close friends of mine. Wear this and meet me in my wing no later than midnight. I expect you to be on your best behavior.
William


I crumpled up the note and tossed the dress onto my bed before jumping up and running down the hall. I made it to the other side of the floor in a matter of seconds. I heard laughter coming from Brendon’s room, so I knocked on that door. Spencer, Jon, Brendon, and Ryan were sitting around the room and glanced up in surprise at my arrival.

“Hi,” I greeted. They smiled at me and said a chorus of “hi’s” back to me.

“What’s up?” Jon asked, as I settled myself at the corner of Brendon’s bed. I shrugged a little.

“I was wondering if you knew who is visiting tonight?”

“It’s William’s old friend, Gabe, and his clan. They’ve visited before.”

“Oh,” I replied, vaguely remembering. We fell silent for a few minutes.

“So, um…”Ryan began hesitantly, glancing at me.

“So what did you do last night that William wants to rip everyone’s throat out?” Brendon finished for him bluntly. I sighed.

“I left the house to hunt after he told me not to leave.”

“Hanna! Why didn’t you hunt when I took you?” Ryan moaned. “You said you hunted!”

“Don’t worry, he’s not mad at you. He’s mad at me.”

“Still-”

“Ry, it’s fine,” I insisted. “He’s mad, but…he’ll get over it.” I sighed. “He always does.”

“Please just do what he says from now on?” Brendon pouted, with his lips sticking out farther than usual. I managed to smile, but made no promises. They noticed.

“Please? We don’t want anything to happen to you,” Spencer added, as they nodded their agreement.

“I’ll be good tonight,” I said, instead. They smiled in relief. I sighed, hoping that it would be easier done than said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for your comments! Seriously, they make me get out the chapters faster.
I wasnt planning on updating this soon, but comments make me get to work on the next chapters.

Thanks and additions to my Special Commenters Club: PeacefrogcoolLE25 & hockeyXgirlsXrock (And of course thanks to my usual special commenters)
Yes, there is a club now because I said so. You know what to do to join! ; )

And yay! I'm seeing TAI tonight! half an hour on Warped just doesn't cut it. As you can see, I am very hyper today.

P.S. If you think mean Billiam is hot, there is more to come, although it wasn’t my intention for you to like him! Lol.