Baby, We Have Eternity

He's Not the Same

Ryan had gone out to hunt, assuring us that he wouldn’t be back for a few hours, giving us time alone before we all left tomorrow. Yes, he had convinced us to return, not to say we weren’t hesitant.

Me and Brendon laid next to each other on the bed silently, both lost in thought. I rolled over to rest my head on his chest and wrap an arm around his waist.

“We don’t have to go if you don’t want to,” he whispered.

“We can’t just leave the guys for themselves,” I pointed out. His chest rose as he heaved a sigh.

“I know.” He ran a hand through my hair and I closed my eyes, trying to savor the minutes as they passed. “I’m going to miss being alone with you,” he whispered.

“Me too,” I replied, lifting my head in order to plant a kiss on his lips.

He gently rolled us over so that he was hovering above me and leaned down to kiss my neck lightly.

“I love you so much,” he whispered, tickling my neck with his breath.

“I love you too, Bren,” I murmured back, wrapping my arms around his neck as he made his way back to my mouth. He kissed me deeply, sliding one of his hands under my shirt and grazing the bare skin of my back with his fingers. I shivered, running my hands through his hair and pulling his face closer.

“Promise me…” he began, breaking away for a moment. I waited patiently, tracing his jaw line with my fingers. “Promise you won’t let him do anything more than kiss you.” He looked into my eyes pleadingly.

“I promise,” I replied immediately. He sighed in relief, pressing his plush lips to mine again.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I knocked on the door of the room that Ryan had been staying in.

We were leaving tonight.

He answered it, all ready and dressed to go. I had gone to wake Ryan up first to give Brendon extra time to sleep, but it looked like he was only getting an extra minute or two.

“I guess I don’t have to tell you to get ready,” I told him. He shook his head.

“Is Brendon awake?” he asked immediately. I shook my head and he sighed, sounding a little relieved.

“Hanna, I need to tell you something before we leave,” Ryan began.

“Okay,” I said, getting the impression it was something he didn’t want Brendon to hear.

“I just thought you should know…” he paused hesitantly.

“Know what?” I asked, frowning a little.

“It’s Pete. He’s…he’s not the same,” he said. Of course he didn’t want Brendon to know. I nodded, studying my shoes. “He’s even more obsessed with getting revenge on William. It’s all he thinks about. And-” he stopped suddenly again, glancing at me nervously.

“What is it, Ry?” I asked in concern.

“I’m not sure he’s over you yet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments: ashgal19, whisper-war, escapethekait26, Divaaaxo, & Sister Strange, Butchsky Exsists.

I'm sick. I hate it. : (