Baby, We Have Eternity

A Warning

I knocked on the door. It had taken me a long time to prepare myself, but I was here now and it was too late for me to chicken out.

“Come in,” a voice called from the inside.

I pushed the door open, hiding my nervousness and stepping inside.

I had my excuses prepared, I could only hope he would believe them if he asked.

“Hanna. You’ve returned,” William stated, eyeing me appraisingly. He was seated at his desk, his fingers touching at the tips, looking like a character out of a movie as he watched me cross the room. He had a stoic mask of indifference on, but I saw the hidden undertones of curiosity.

I knew him too well.

He was one for trophies, and my confidence returned; I knew I could make him take me back.

I was his trophy, what gave him a sense of authority over other vampires.

Or, at least I had been for quite a long time.

What better way to give the great leader of the Dandies a false sense of security and power than to give him back what had caused him to lose control in the first place?

I now realized Ryan, Gabe, and Patrick’s reasoning behind sending me here.

And I knew what was at stake.

I had to get back in his good graces whatever it took.

I stood on my toes to kiss his neck, slowly making my way to his mouth.

“I missed you,” I murmured.

He didn’t reply, only deepened the kiss, now pulling me close to him, pressing my body against his. His arm snaked around my waist, playing with the hem on my shirt. I tried not to flinch away; but this was almost painful, knowing that if Brendon could see me now, he’d be hurting badly.

I tried not to think about it as his tongue explored my mouth.

But we had agreed to help our friends, and if this was the only way, then it had to be done.

A few minutes of torture in exchange for an eternity of freedom and happiness.

It would be worth it in the end; I was sure about this.

“Where should I sleep?” I asked, breaking away before things got too heated. I prayed wouldn’t have to stay with him. It would kill me inside to do that to Brendon, not to mention break my promise.

I cringed at the mere thought of hurting him in anyway.

“You can have your old room back, I suppose.” I sighed inwardly in relief.

“Thank you,” I replied, kissing him on the cheek before heading for the door.

“Hanna,” he said, as I placed my hand on the doorknob.

“Y-yes?” I asked, turning halfway around in fear that he’d demand an explanation as to where I’d been hiding all this time or any other question that would expose my reason for returning.

I knew this had seemed too easy.

“I’ll be watching,” was all he said, staring back at me, hint of suspicion is his slightly narrowed eyes to let me know I wasn’t completely off the hook just yet.

A warning.

“Of course,” I replied, before leaving his room and heading for my old one.

I curled up into my blankets, feeling something missing. I tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable in any position I tried.

It took me a little while to realize what was wrong.

I hadn’t slept alone since before we had left the Dandies; it felt weird to be back here again.

I missed Brendon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very fast update before I leave to class....btw anyone know Travis's girlfriend's name? ....it would help for a minor detail in one of the upcoming chapters...

Thanks: shmileysRkewl, Never Looking Back, ashgal19, bellabelle, & ToTheNnthDegree