Baby, We Have Eternity

Friends

Since William was still extremely suspicious of Ryan, Brendon, and I, we had to gain allies quickly and get Patrick’s plan in motion as soon as possible.

I had made a point to hunt and spend a lot of my time with Travis, Drew, Hunter, and Danny, although I had become friends with them before Brendon and Ryan had appeared to search for allies.

I knocked at the door.

“Come in!” Travis called. I pulled the door open.

He was sitting at his windowsill, staring out into the night. He seemed unaware of my presence even though he had let me in only seconds before. His gaze went from the land outside his window to what looked like a small piece of paper in his hands.

I took a deep breath before voicing my reasons for coming.

“Travie, I have to ask you a huge favor,” I said hesitantly.

He jumped at the sound of my voice, immediately looking up to see me there.

“What is that?” I asked, seeing him suddenly try to hide the small white square. I crossed the room.

“Nothing. It’s just …” he sighed, giving up and handing it over. It was a photograph. It showed what must have been a human Travis kissing the cheek of a pretty brunette as she smiled happily.

“What’s her name?” I asked him softly.

“Sasha,” he smiled.

“She’s pretty,” I said.

“She’s beautiful,” he corrected lightly, as I handed him back his picture. His smile faltered a bit before he continued. “It happened after a show me, Danny, Drew, and Hunter were playing.” He paused, glancing at me. “He offered us a place to stay, and, well…we didn’t really have a choice. “ He shrugged, keeping his eyes on his picture for a few seconds. “I just miss her so much,” he mumbled sadly. “I can’t see her. William says we’re supposed to have died in a car accident.”

“I’m sorry, Travis. I really am,” I said sincerely. He shrugged slightly.

“It’s the past now,” he reasoned. “But…I mean…it’s not possible, but-”

“You’d like to see her again,” I finished for him. He gave a vigorous nod.

“I just need to know if she’s happy,” he said. “Even…even if she’s happy with someone else,” he sighed. I gave him a sympathetic look.

The way he and Hunter, Danny, and Drew made everything into jokes just to lighten up the lifeless atmosphere of the manor, I never would have guessed there was this darker, hidden side to his vampirism.

“Travie…” I began, as an idea came to my mind. “I’ll help you find her.” His eyes lit up as soon as the words left my lips and he pulled me into a tight hug that lifted me off my feet.

“Hanna, it would mean the world to me,” he said, letting me go. “Would you?” I bit my lip.

“Yes. But before I can help you find her, I really, really, really need help with something,” I added.

“I’ll do anything,” he assured me firmly. I sighed in relief and began to explain everything to him.

I could only hope it wouldn’t reach William’s ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to combine this chapter with the next one, but I didn't think it would be fair because I had already told you how many were left....so there are still two left. : )

Thank you so much: Never Looking Back, maccaveen, whisper-war, LoveTheLifeYouLive, ToTheNthDegree, manicmonday, ashgal19, silver-rose-forever, bellabelle, & shmileysRkewl.