Baby, We Have Eternity

The End.

The atmosphere of the manor the night of the gathering was thick with anticipation. I had hardly talked to anyone ever since it had been set.

Ryan and Brendon had already gone the previous night to see Patrick and everyone else at the warehouse for finalized details, and Drew, Hunter, Danny, and Travis were set to keep guard on the manor. Travis was more than happy to help us; Patrick had been able to find out that Sasha was still alive and well. The four of them had plans to return to their hometown after the gathering tonight, regardless of the outcome, and I was happy for them, even though I’d miss them.

I waited in the corridor of William’s wing of the manor, nerves twisted into knots in my stomach just from the thought that the night could end either terribly with everyone I cared about hurt or hopefully with the knowledge that I would never have to do this ever again.

I couldn’t read his expression as he joined me in the corridor. He wordlessly led me down the halls and main stairs, eventually to the main room. I saw Gabe and his clan at the other end as we approached them. Obviously, our expressions were kept neutral, and the night continued on.

“Quiet!” William suddenly called out, and a strained, hushed silence fell upon the room.

Without warning, he had crossed the room in a matter of seconds, pulling open the enormous doors leading out into the main hall, revealing Pete in the doorway, permanent snarl set on his face and fists clenched at his sides.

“Wentz,” he said, feigning surprise. “Won’t you come in for a drink?” he spat, to which Pete only growled. “Come out, Stump. You’re not fooling anyone.”

Patrick, Andy, and Joe stepped out from behind the door.

“You think I didn’t know?” he laughed harshly. “You think you four can defeat me?”

On cue, Michael, Sisky, Butcher, Danny, Hunter, Travis, Drew, Brendon, and Ryan entered, and various Dandies joined the growing group behind Pete.

“Give up, Beckett. You don’t have any more allies,” Patrick stated confidently, and William’s eyes narrowed as he realized he was right. Most of his replacement Dandies had shifted sides upon seeing they were outnumbered, although some of the older, original Dandies stayed.

“So this is where your loyalty lies,” he sneered at them, but mostly Gabe and his clan, as well and Travis, Danny, Hunter, and Drew.

I tried breaking away to join everyone else, causing William to lurch towards me and Pete and Brendon to growl simultaneously, both coming forward as well.

I backed away just in time; his long fingers just barely grazed my arm. With that, the fight we had been expecting broke out. I glanced around in panicked hesitation, not knowing what to do, hearing the harsh clash of vampire skin against vampire skin and angry snarls and growls.

I was suddenly knocked into by nearby vampire, sending me to the floor. I felt a sturdy hand on my arm, pulling me up, relief washing over me as I saw who it was.

Brendon kept a tight grip on my arm, trying to make our way out of the manor and avoid the chaos unfolding around us.

“Bren-” I began, startled as he hissed abruptly, doubling over in pain as a nearby Dandy struck him. It happened in a matter of seconds, that’s all it took for me to be unprotected. After all, I had never needed to know how to fight; I had always been the prize.

“You!” William snarled, suddenly in front of me as Brendon was distracted by that same Dandy. “It’s all your fault!” I tried to turn and run away to find protection with anyone, but William was too fast for me and his hand encircled my wrist, tightly and painfully.

Before I even had a chance to blink, a strange sensation washed over my body and suddenly we were alone in a different part of the manor.

I gasped, feeling his hand come in sharp contact with my face. I touched my smarting cheek, blinking away tears and refusing to show weakness. The next thing I knew, that same hand was at my throat, slamming me backwards into the wall as the back of my skull collided painfully with the stone.

I stared into his ferociously bright red irises in fear, meanwhile struggling against his hand.

I could no longer see even the slightest hint of resemblance to the man I had once loved.

The human William would have never laid a hand on me.

The monster in front of me, however, didn’t think twice about it, gripping my throat even tighter, fangs showing as he glared at me. My throat ached even though I obviously had no need to draw breath.

I knew what he was capable of, yet I didn’t know what to expect.

My fingernails scratched at the stone behind me, coming in contact with the wooden windowsill.

There was a good chance it wouldn’t work, but I had to try. I broke off a piece of the sill, almost dropping it as he slapped me again.

I gathered my strength to try and drive the wood through his chest, but he caught my arm and I was helpless again. He growled angrily at my sad attempt, pinning my wrist to the wall as well.

“Did you think it would be that easy?” he snarled. His irises seemed to glow like red hot flames. I flinched, seeing his hand raised to strike me again. “Where’s Wentz to save you now? Where’s Brend-”

Suddenly, I was released, and I found myself scrambling to stay upright at the sudden lack of support, if you could call it that, massaging my throat.

The look on William’s face was one of pure shock as he stumbled backwards and away from me, his hands flying up to his chest, from which the end of a long, wooden stake was protruding and a steady gush of rich red blood was flowing without interruption.

His fall was graceful, almost stunning. His body crumpled to the floor, his delicate features still arranged in the way of being caught off guard, his eyes back to their original warm brown I hadn’t seen in what felt like an eternity.

I nearly felt sorry for him, although the Bill I knew had already died long ago. This was only closure.

His body dissolved into a filmy dust before my eyes and it seemed too good to be true.

Dust to dust.

Three additional pairs of eyes were glued to the same spot mine were.

I looked up to see Brendon standing where my line of vision had previously been blocked by William’s tall frame. His eyes were also fading back from crimson, now looking shocked at what he had done.

I briefly looked past him to see Pete farther back and Patrick in the doorway.

Patrick’s face was a mirror of Brendon’s shocked one, while Pete’s was a mixture of disbelief and anger.

“Brendon?” I said shakily, attempting to get his attention. “Bren?” tried again, walking the few steps over to him and putting my hands on either sides of his face, forcing him to look at me.

I distantly heard the reverberating bang of Pete’s fists slamming against the stone wall and his angry snarl as he stormed from the room, Patrick at his heels.

Brendon snapped out of it, eyes slowly turning completely back to their usual brown. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, clutching me to his chest.

“It’s over,” he whispered into my hair.

“I’m free,” I replied quietly, mostly for my own benefit.

I’m free.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is! Hope I didn't disappoint, it's the best and longest I could do in between classes and homework lately...

Here is the sequel link:: I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet
The preview is up, if you wanna check it out. I'd love to hear predictions/thoughts so far.

I wish I had time to thank all of you personally again, but I'm doing this minutes before I go off to my Fiction class. So, thank you for reading/subscribing/commenting. It means alot to me, and I apprecicate(d) all the feedback you gave me and I love(d) reading what you thought. Thank You.