Baby, We Have Eternity

I Don't Hunt

I awoke to a knock on my door.

“Hanna,” Michael’s voice came through the door. “We’re going hunting, come on.”

It had been exactly one week since I had disobeyed William’s orders and snuck out.

Thankfully, my behavior at the party redeemed me. Although, apparently, Ryan could not be trusted to take me hunting anymore.

“I’m not even thirsty!” I lied, yanking the door open for him.

“Hanna, do you really want a repeat of last week?” I sighed, rolling my eyes.

“No,” I answered sulkily.

“Well then, we’re off.” I sighed again, but followed him out the door.

“Is anyone coming with?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“Mike, Brendon, and Jon went last night,” he explained. “Ryan and Spencer left about an hour ago.”

“Okay,” I said. We headed for the city.

“Where do you want to hunt tonight?” he asked. I shrugged.

“Doesn’t matter,” I replied. He led us into some overly crowded club. Made sense; it was easier to get someone to follow you without many people noticing. On the downside, I lost track of Michael after about five minutes. We had previously agreed to meet in the alley behind the club if we got separated.

I glanced around the club, trying to gage who would taste the best. I swallowed. That only too familiar burning sensation was coming back. I spotted my prey and was about to head over when-

“Spotted your next meal?” I spun around, coming face to face with Pete. I silently cursed myself; had I been paying enough attention, I would have known he was there before he snuck up on me.

“What do you care?” I snapped. “As if you’re not doing the same,” I added.

“Actually, I’m not,” he replied, unfazed. “I don’t hunt.” I frowned.

“What?” I asked, in confusion.

“I have other ways, remember?” he asked.

“And what would that be?” I asked doubtfully.

“That, I am not at liberty to discuss,” he smirked.

“Whatever. Just leave me alone. I’m not even supposed to be talking to you.”

“Let me guess. William says you can’t talk to me?” he taunted. I was grateful that it was physically impossible for me to blush. The control William had over me was my one touchy subject.

“If you’re not here to hunt, then why are you here?” I asked, changing the subject.

“What? Can’t us vampires go out and have a good time once in awhile?” I frowned skeptically. “Or is that against his rules?” I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

“I have to get going,” I said, trying to control my temper.

“Yes, you should probably get home before curfew.” I clenched my hands into fists but walked away.

I wouldn’t let him get to me. Besides, Michael would be looking for me. He always gets so worried.

I stalked out into the street, almost running into Michael as he exited the alley.

“Are you done?” he asked, licking the remainder of blood from his lips.

“Yes,” I lied. I wasn’t going to tell him what had held me up for so long.

For now, my anger replaced my thirst, although I knew that my lying to Michael would come back to bite me.

No pun intended.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God, I love how half of my comments are about how Bilvy is a sexy mean vampire. Therefore, I made my first layout just for you, hope it doesn’t look too shitty.
…Sorry, but I still have a thing for Chizzy, lol. Now he would make a hott Aussie vampire. ; X

I have just discovered where the Clandestine store in Chicago is and it’s only like 20 minutes away from my school, so I’m dragging my friend down there with me this weekend. I bet it’s expensive, though. : /

Long note, but comments?

Oh, and thanks to my new commenter, jennN0SYK3 and the club, haha.