Baby, We Have Eternity

Private Business

I entered the main hall on William’s arm again, with only one difference today:

My dress was a deep blue instead of black. I know, shocking change.

Everything else was the same; they all stared like they always did.

I was introduced to his dull guests, which in my opinion were more like allies than actual friends.

I sat at his side as usual, until he gave an order that surprised me.

“Go,” he said suddenly. I glanced at him in confusion, but stood up anyways. “We have private business to discuss,” he answered my unasked question, waving me away with his hand as Mike took my seat on William’s right hand side. “Go talk to Michael.” I gratefully obeyed his orders and went to stand by where Michael, Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, and Jon were congregated. They looked surprised to see me away from William.

“They’re discussing ‘private business,’” I said seriously. Michael chuckled a little at my sarcasm.

Just then, a vampire came around, handing us the usual glasses of blood.

The guys all quickly downed their glasses while I only sipped mine.

“Aren’t you thirsty?” Michael frowned.

“No, not really. I hunted a few days ago,” I answered without thinking. Brendon groaned loudly at me and a look of realization came over Michael’s face. Mental slap.

“You didn’t hunt when you were with me, did you?” he asked in a low voice.

“I was going to, but-” I began to defend.

“Guys, not now,” Spencer pointed out urgently, seeing as there were many vampires nearby and any one of them could be William’s spies. He even had inside men on the inside.

“Next time, you don’t leave my side, okay?” Michael said.

“God, could he pick a more uncomfortable dress?” I sighed, avoiding making any promises.

Michael frowned, knowing my strategy by now.

“Oh, stop complaining,” Brendon told me. “You’re the center of attention, as always,” he said teasingly.

“Well, maybe you should wear a dress next time, since you like attention so much,” I countered, causing Jon and Spencer to snicker and Ryan to smile in amusement.

“Don’t give him ideas, Hanna,” Jon joked, making Brendon shoot him a glare.

“You guys are so mean to me,” Brendon expertly pouted. Michael was still frowning.

“Lighten up, Chizzy,” I said, turning his frown into a smile with my fingers.

“I’m just worried about you, Hanna,” he replied, my fingers not doing the trick.

“Ha!” Brendon shouted suddenly. “See? It’s not only me!” he exclaimed, pointing at me. I rolled my eyes and everyone else looked confused. Honestly, Brendon had to be the oddest vampire I knew.

Granted, he had been particularly strange before he had changed.

“And then you wonder why I worry about your sanity,” I muttered, shaking my head. Ryan nodded his agreement and Brendon began to pout again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’d love to thank you all a billion times for your comments, but I imagine that would be obnoxious. : D

I think you’ll like the next chapter, plenty of Bilvy, but I won’t give details. Comment and I’ll put it up, duh! ; )