Sequel: Something Else

And if I Die Before I Wake...

Morgan's POV

I pulled my face into a smile, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, angering him.

"You are; lowly vermin, not meant for anything except to be exterminated." I laughed as he growled. My taunting was far from over. As soon as I had made it to the next house he stopped me. Unfortunately it wasn't even difficult for him.

"Leave this family alone." He commmanded.

I raised an eyebrow, "Why would I even attempt to do that?"

"They were only changed last week, they have not killed anyone and you have nothing against them."

I glared at him, he's such an idiot, "Then they should have died last week. I'm just correcting that mistake." Then I pushed past him, into the house.

The front room was silent, and empty. I looked around, the stairs were just to the right of where I was standing. I stalked up the stairs, taking out my knife.

The bedrooms were empty, but at the end of the hall was a light, perfect.

I peered in the room, two creatures were sitting next to eachother, whispering quietly. I slipped into the room. They looked up at the sound. Curse my human-ness.

"Hello," I whispered. The female was closest. She'll go first.

I launched at the smaller vampire. My knife digging into her chest, she screeched and the male attacked me. I pulled my knife from the body of his girlfriend and shoved it throught his skull. He collapsed next to his partner and I grinned, a quick clean kill. But no, they weren't dead. Just unconscious. I reached for my laser and cursed, it was still outside.

I ran out of the house, and glared at Lucifer, he was holding my gun.

"Give it to me."

"No. You aren't going to kill them."

I groaned, I hate wasting things. But apparently I have to now.

I ran back into the house and pulled out my bottle of holy water. Just a few drops on their faces was all I needed. It sizzled and smoked like acid would. Their flesh slowly melted away, accompanied by sputtering howls of pain. It was not a pretty sight, but to me, it was gorgeous.

I left the house calmly, taking my laser from Lucifer, who was shaking in what I think was anger. Oh how I wish it was fear, but he was too confident for that.

"You are worse than any of the people you kill. How can you be so calm?" He growled.

Aww listen, the demon has a conscious. Too late for things like that. I'm determined. And no stubborn vampire is going to change that, much less live to try.

"Tell me," I said, walking down the street, "When you want to kill somebody, what takes over?"

He hesitated, knowing the answer I wanted and trying to find a different answer to give. So annoying.

"Our hunger." He smirked, and I glared at him.

"INSTINCT" I added plenty of extra emphasis, he'd better understand. He did.

He laughed openly at me, "You're a weak human girl, your instinct isn't to kill. Or do you honestly believe you were put on this earth so that you could kill us off?" He laughed again.

My blood burned, I hate him so much. Just one shot and he'd be dead. My hand twitched towards my gun, and he tackled me to the ground.

I pulled my knife, and tried to stab him, seeing as how my gun was now pinned to my back by the ground. I only hit his shoulder, he did lose his focus and I was able to stand up. I love martial arts.

We started fighting, neither of us winning, but clearly I was at the disadvantage. After about ten minutes of me attacking and him flicking me away each time, I stopped.

My breathing was heavy, his was too, but I'm doubt it's because he was working too hard. I'd noticed that when their instincts are particularly strong, their brething gets heavier.

"Why did you attack me, when I reached towards my back pocket?" I asked.

He glared, "You were about to shoot me!"

I nodded, "But had it been anybody else, would you have attacked?"

He glared, no answer. I'm taking that as a no.

"Did you think before you attacked? Or did you just attack?"

Another glare, another answer that I had wanted.

"Exactly, you've trained your instincts to be on high alert around me. You would not have attacked a stranger on the street, but you didn't even think about it with me. Instincts can be honed."

He glared at me, in the usual way. The way that made it so clear he was thinking he was superior to me. Just you wait Lucifer. Right before I kill you, I'll make sure you know just how much of a threat I have always been. Now, let's go kill something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahahaha I love Morgan.