Sequel: Something Else

And if I Die Before I Wake...

Lucifer's POV

I nearly shook with anger as I watched this human make her way through the rundown scraps of houses in my neighborhood. The shrieks came more constantly now; more high-pitched. But even while I watched, I found myself unable to move. Why did I not go to help? Why did I not stop this massacre? In the furthermost corner of my mind, I knew it was because some part of me felt this was right; that these creatures did deserve to die. But why?

Morgan exited the house, a devilish smirk plastered on her face. “Aww, why does the leech look so angry?”

I looked away from her, unable to meet the eyes that saw me so well. I felt like an animal, adrenaline flowing through my parched veins. She snickered and proceeded to the next house. After a moment, I looked up from the ground and watched the rise and fall of her footsteps. She was walking faster than she had been before. It worried me, and soon I knew why.

A standard looking family, complete with grandmother and child, exited the house hurriedly, everyone but the child carrying large suitcases as if they were pieces of paper. A small cord was plucked inside my head, and without knowing quite what I was doing, I grabbed her arm, the distance between us disappearing in seconds.

Though I couldn’t see her face, I knew her expression would be non-existent. The monotone in her voice proved it.

“Why do you stop me, Lucifer, when you know that I am right?”

Venom seeped out of my fangs and dripped onto my tongue, the metallic taste igniting (ironically) the merciful side of me.

“It is a child.

“And you are a teenager. Technically, anyway.”

I snarled at her, the inst—urge to drain the life from this… this thing. I mused for a moment on ways to snuff out the flame of her soul. The simple snap of her neck, perhaps, or the ironic use of her own weapons against her. Poisoning, maybe. I could almost see the green liquid moving through her blood stream like that of a monster…

Monster. Me. It could be my blood, I could turn her. But once again, this sickness kept it from happening. I chuckled to myself, for this was the one time in my life I wanted to be a disgusting newborn, for it was the only time one can turn a human, for only the exchange of blood can alter one’s lifespan to such an extent that it kills them.

My inner monologue (oh God, I didn’t monologue just now, did I?) was interrupted when I realized I’d let Morgan go. There was a sense of pity in me, yet it did not overpower this strange feeling that it was right. But I knew it was not! Still I did not move as she slaughtered the family, leaving their cold, still lifeless bodies unmoving on the ground. She cackled in satisfaction, the sound echoing through the stale, dead air.

The small part of me that applauded her actions was pushed aside when I saw the undead child twitch. My mind was made up, I would find someone to change her, and I would find them now!
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, it's short. Don't judge me!!! lawl.