A Vampire's Pawn.

I wish...

I laid there, listening to the same mindless arguments from downstairs. Both parents drowning themselves in alcohol and then screaming at each other, I had listened to it ever since I understood what the words ment. Both of them blaming all the drinking, gambling, and then of course me on one another.

" WHY THE F*** CANT YOU PLEASURE ME THEN?" My Mother screamed.

" MAYBE BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE I'M SCREWING A LOG!" My Father shot back.

Those had to be my favorite insults, both would use the card. While the other just turned redder and changed the subject...funny really. But I knew any moment I would be dragged into the argument.. and I didnt want to hear it again.

I finally stood up and looked around my room for the last time, the boring white walls that had a few rock posters taped up. Dirty clothes in the corner, the messy bed i loved lying on. And a few books scattered around the floor, nothing i would miss.

" Where's my other shoe..." I grumbled trying to find the other black Converse. " Aha, found you, you sneaky bastard!" I snatched it up from underneth the bed.

After making sure that everything i needed was in my backpack i smiled. No more listening to arguments, no more annoying parents asking me why I couldn't be normal...just a nice long walk into town where I could start over.

" Bye-bye bed." I laughed as I opened the window and slid out like usual. The cold air didn't really bother me that much, I grew up in London, I loved the cold air...the nice summers...everything really. But then we moved to Helsinki, which I loved more...especially the little town I lived in.

I stopped on the same old bridge that led into town, the familiar beams looming over me almost making me frown. The cold water rushing below heading off into the forest, I smiled faintly once I remembered I would be in the big city soon. Away from all of this...

" About time Lexie." I laughed, I grinned and started to walk trailing my hands along the edge of the bridge. There were hardly any cars in this town, otherwise people just walked. I think my parents owned the most cars...stupid old ones.

I was shocked the old bridge hadn't caved in from their weight, it was made purely of wood and old iron nails..hell i was surprised it could hold anything.. Not really paying attention i stepped down on an old rotted piece of wood. The sound of it crunch sicked me and then the feeling of my body flying through the air made me scream. I managed to grab onto a piece of good wood and there i was dangling above the water.

" HELP!" I screamed hoping someone would hear me.
A few seconds later, no one had answered.

" PLEASE I'M SLIPPING!" I cried. I looked at the water and suddenly wished i had stayed home...in my nice safe room taking the abuse...but no... my fingers started to slip and finally the last three slid off. I let out the loudest scream possible, fell towards the freezing water....and then everything went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
one comment please!