Innocence Meets Jealousy, Isn't She Stunning?

1. Rou.

I almost didn't hear her.

I definitely wouldn't have if Rory hadn't elbowed me in the ribs and used his grip on my upper arm to pull me from my seat.

He drags me up and we weave our way through the masses of tables in this huge hall. As we climb the steps to the stage bright lights wash over me and I make the effort not to stumble.

We reach her, and she smiles. I feel my heart cram into my throat and my whole body react.

"Enter Shikari everybody!" She says, addressing the audience, and I watch the way the platinum blonde streaks in her brown hair glint, and the racoon tail near her fringe is perfectly messy. Her body is practically poured into a little black dress and her eyes shine under her thick black cat eye makeup.

Her eyes connect with mine for a split second and she smiles. She walks upto me and hands me the large 'K' shape, and I feel the weight of it pull on my muscles. She leans in and kisses my cheek, and even though I know it's obligatory I feel my body react and my breath fails me.

I feel a rush of jealousy I scold myself for as she congratulates my fellow band members, before sauntering back to the podium in her see-through 6 inch heels and addressing the crowd at the Kerrang! Awards, "Enter Shikari everybody, winners of the Best Live Act Kerrang! Award, 2007!"

She moves to one side and indicates the podium to us. I feel Liam, Rob and Chris crowd round me, and smile a little.

"Thank you so much for this guys... It means a lot..." I say, waving the K award around a little.
Chris leans forward to the mic, "Yeah, I mean, just twelve months ago we were just playing it tiny St. Albans clubs and now..."

"We're holding a fucking K award," Rob puts in, and we all laugh. I'm suddenly self-conscious of her hearing my stupid laugh, or seeing my expression when I laugh, or just seeing me in all of my imperfections.

We trip down the steps and through the webs of tables, to our own alcohol cramped table, where I fall into a seat and place the award on the table. I'm transfixed by her again and as the lights darken and the exaggerated voice starts announcing the special guest presenters.

"And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, last years winner of this prestigious award, The Best Band Of The Year. Five men with the courage, determination, and will power to get where they want in life. Tattoos, Piercings, Debauchery and Alcohol. The band that needs no further introduction, here to present the very same award. Avenged Sevenfold!"

Screams burst through the large room as five men fill the stage with their presence. The first one I see is a well built man with a shaved head, who I place as the lead singer, Shadows something. The next one was a shorter, bleached blonde man, Johnny Christ. The third man was extremely tall, with the craziest hair I've seen in a while, The Rev, and followed by Zacky Vengeance, his white sunglasses obscuring his face. The last man comes on stage, a man with almost shoulder length hair, under a trilby hat, his arms covered in tattoos. Synyster Gates

Whilst the others kiss her on the cheek, Syn takes her face in his hands and gives her a kiss on the lips, not too long, but it lets me know she's his.

Of course, it would've been too good if she was single, but, then again, how could she be single with a body like that?

I rest my head in my left hand whilst the band start talking. There's a pause in the conversation and I look up, "And now, Ladies and Gentlemen," Synyster says into his handheld microphone.Stupid stuck up tattooed idiot got his own microphone.

"The award for the Best International Band…" He turns to her, "Autumn?"

"Thanks Syn. Yes, now, the nominee's for this award are: Scene superstars MCR. Utah punks The Used, newcomers Thirty Seconds To Mars, Metal legends Atreyu, and Disco metal Londoners Enter Shikari."

I hear her breath in and out as she opens the envelope, and the band tense beside me, but I know we wont win this.

"The winners are..." She breathes, "The Used!!"

The Used flood the stage, say their speeches and leave, but I don’t hear them, I just stare, completely infatuated by this girl.

We're all invited to the aftershow party, and the band and I weave through the tables to the club upstairs, where I take a seat at the bar and order a drink.

I down my drink and pause before taking another sip as someone taps me on the shoulder.
Zacky Vengeance.

Why, why is he talking to me, because sooner or later Synyster and Autumn will come over, and I'll make a complete dick of myself.

"Hey, Rou isn't it?"

I note he's got his muscley arm wrapped round a smiling bleach blonde girl, with the same lip piercings as her boyfriend, and she clings to him as if it's life or death.

"Yeah, Rou, Zacky right?"

"Uh-huh, and this is Lexie."

"Hiya!" Lexie says brightly, waving a hand at me, and I smile.

"Hey." I say back, resisting looking over her shoulder for Autumn.

"Congratulations on your award Rou. I've listened to a bit of your stuff, you're pretty damn good."

"Thanks man." I say, almost blushing, and Zacky breaks his hold on Lexie to give me a 'man-hug' thing, a one armed handshake type thing but as soon as we break apart he holds onto Lexie again.

I hear someone order a drink from next to me, and I swivel in my barstool and almost choke.
Autumn.

"H-Hi..." I manage to stutter, and my knuckles go white round my beer glass.

"Oh, hey... Rou right? From Enter Shikari?"

"Yeah, that's me..." I say, taking a sip of my beer.

She just nods as if it's the end of the conversation, but I'm desperate to keep it going, "So... are you... having fun tonight?"

"Uhm... yeah, sure… are you? Congratulations on your awards by the way..."

"Yeah, I'm alright thanks." I say, smiling shyly, and wishing I could just lean forward and kiss her.

"Autumn, baby!"

Autumn shoots me a half apologetic glance and swivels in her seat. I follow her as she moves, and I regret it.

Synyster Gates lets his hands fall onto her hips and pulls her a little closer as his lips meet hers. I swear I hear a quiet moan from either of them and wince.

I spin off my chair and stand, facing the other way and observing the room, before finding LostAlone, a band we toured with a while back, and I go to talk to the lead singer, Steve Batelle.

I start talking, but I cant keep my mind of Autumn.

Damn you Roughton, fallen for the girl with the famous rockstar boyfriend.

Yes, because that's so going to happen.