Innocence Meets Jealousy, Isn't She Stunning?

2. Synyster.

“Who was that guy you were talking to?” I said, my hands finding their way up Autumn's back, feeling the silky material of her little black dress. The six inch heels she was wearing only brought the top of her head up to my chin.

“Rou, from Enter Shikari. One of the bands I presented an award to.” She smiled, standing on her tip-toes and pressing her lips to mine. They were perfectly coated in blood red lipstick, that somehow didn't come off when I kissed her.

“Aah..” I said, nodding slightly as I looked over to him, seeing him standing awkwardly against the bar, next to a skinny, pale man, dressed all in black.

“Brian?” Zacky said, coming up next to me and patting my back.

“Hey man.” I said, loosening my grip on Autumn a bit, as she went and stood next to Lexi, Zacky's girlfriend.

“Bri, babe, I'll be back in a bit, me and Lexi are gonna go get some cocktails.” She said, winking at me briefly with her right eye.

Lexi smiled widely, letting out a small excited yelp, and kissing Zacky, who merely laughed at her excitement that alcohol brought.

“Okay.” I smiled, kissing her forehead lightly, and watched her and Lexi walk off to the bar.
The bartender looked confused as they were talking to him, they measured amounts with their fingers, sending him off for various liquors and mixers.

“We're gonna have to carry them out tonight, aren't we?” Zacky laughed, seeing the exact same thing I saw.

I nodded, chuckling to myself, then reverted my gaze back to this Rou guy.

He turned round, noticing Autumn and Lexi, leaning over the bar, giggling at the bartender.

“Does something seem..I dunno..not quite right about that guy?” I asked Zacky.

“Who?” He said, a beer emerging in his hand from the top of the bar.

“That one, the grey jacket, beard type thing. Talking to the thin pale guy.” I said, grabbing a bottle of beer from the same place Zacky did, pointing with my index finger.

“I dunno dude, he seems pretty normal to me..” He shrugged.

“There's just something I don't trust. Autumn was talking to him e-”

“You're jealous.” Zacky teased.

“I am not jealous, Zack.” I said, warning him.

“You so are.” He retorted. “You would have no problem at all with that guy if he hadn't spoken to her. And anyway, what would you say if she started the conversation, not him?”

“I don't know. She's just such a lovely person, that's why.” I shrugged, smiling over at her, now with a cocktail in her hand, clinking glasses with Lexi, and then ate the cherry, rather seductively out of the glass, throwing the stalk over her shoulder.

She took a sip out of the glass, seeming a bit taken aback by the concoction, as did Lexi. They both burst out giggling, and downed the rest.

The joys of open bars eh? Endless amounts of alcohol, all free.

“Then trust her, Bri. You're not gonna get anywhere without trust.” Zacky said, sighing a little. “It's how me and Lexi have been together this long. You really think she'd trust me to go on tour, or I'd trust her to stay at home for them long periods of time if I didn't believe in her?”

“No..” I sighed.

“You've got nothing to worry about, Bri. That English guy ain't got nothing on you.”

I looked at Zacky, seeing the seriousness on his face, and realising, like always, he was right.

He always was the sensible one.

I was always too irrational with my actions.

“Look, dude, if you're that bothered, how about we go over there with the girls, yeah?” He asked, a slight glint of hope in his eyes, wanting to cheer me up.

“Yeah..” I said, staring over at my girlfriend.

Zacky smiled, rushing off and picking Lexi up out of her seat, and twirling her round playfully. She giggled, lightly kissing him, and Autumn looked over at me.

I smiled at her, and walked over, kissing her lightly, tasting some of her randomly concocted cocktail, seemed very sugary, and overly alcoholic for a single drink. I'd say, at least a triple vodka in there, and the rest.

“Nice..” I said, resting my forehead on hers, licking my lips feverishly, then picking up her glass to have another taste. “Is there Malibu in that?”

“Oh yes!” She said, pulling me closer to her, and she used me as a support to stand up. “I think..A bit too much of it maybe?”

“Oh god..” I said, then laughed at her googly eyes.

I held her close, her head resting on my chest.

“How..How about, we go and talk to that Rou guy?” I said, completely innocently.

I was somehow hoping in her slightly tipsy state, she wouldn't be able to see right through me, see my intentions like she usually could.

“Sure!” She said, very enthusiastically.

I smiled at how she practically stumbled over to Rou and the paler guy, still clutching onto me for dear life.

“Congratulations on the award, man.” I said, holding my hand out to shake his.

He accepted, unexpectedly giving me a very strong, sturdy handshake. One that you wouldn't think possible from a man of his size, compared to me.

“Hi, again.” Autumn said, waving slightly and letting out a giggle.

“Hey.” Rou said, smiling at her.

He stared at her, longer than was needed for a simple hello, but I let it slide.

“This is Steve,” Rou said, finally introducing the pale man next to him. “We toured with his band a while back.”

“Syn, or Brian. Whichever you prefer.” I said, shaking his hand aswell.

“Avenged Sevenfold right?” He said in a strong British accent, much more tolerable than the one that Rou had going. It was rather strange, had a sort of Southern dialect to it. Steve's accent was much more natural, not really seeming to be from any particular city.

“Yeah, that's me.” I said, laughing slightly. “This is my girlfriend, Autumn.”

“Nice to meet you.” Steve said, shaking her hand lightly, pulling away as quickly as possible.
Maybe he could feel the vibes coming off of me, how protective I was of her.

I squeezed her shoulders as she leant into me more, giggling.

“Bri?” She asked, her hands trailing up my chest.

“Yeah babe?”

“I could so be a model for your clothing line, don't ya think?” She said, pouting.

“Yeah. You could.” I smiled, kissing her head.

“You so could.” Rou said, expressing his hand movements vividly, along with his speech “I mean, you've got the body, you've got the hair, got the eye-”

He stopped, blood rushing to his cheeks, I could see a small wince in his eyes as he was biting his tongue.

“Oops.” Autumn said, giggling to herself again, then realising I was angry, and placing her hand delicately over her mouth.

I gritted my teeth, balled my hands into fists, and narrowed my eyes.

Wrong choice of words, Rou. Wrong choice.