A Vampire Encounter

Lost


Hello?

Hello??? Anyone?

Hello??? Anyone out there??


I can't believe this, no one is out here. And where exactly is here? Oh, that’s right, I got lost. I just HAD to get lost didn’t I? Haha, I just noticed that my calls for civilization formed a triangle. Interesting. Alright, that took my mind off of things for, what, 5 seconds tops? Even two seconds is a lot of help out here; but not enough. Need an overview of my current condition? Sure. Okay, I’m cold, I'm scared, I’m frustrated and I’m here all alone in the dark forest without anyone with me. *shrug* Could be worse.
The wind is blowing unusually strong yet...gentle... the sky... so eerie. Did I just here a twig snap?! No, no, no! It’s just my imagination... There are no such things as those that howl or bite in the night …are there?

* * * * *

A few minutes later. After a treacherous hike through the spooky forest. I found myself in front of a large abandoned mansion that looked in shape. But it had a live feeling of pain coming from it. I couldn't shake off the feeling of someone crying and pleading for something to stop…

WHAT THE HELL?

Where did that thought come from? Crying? Pleading? God this place is making me even more insane than I already am!
I entered the mansion which to me was more like a castle, or maybe it is, I don’t know. I looked around while I walked up the ~ahem~ 'enormous' stair case. As I reached a little more than halfway up the stairs I looked at my hand. And out of pure shock my eyes bulged out of their sockets.

It should have been dirty from the dust on the railing.

I mean, what kind of abandoned mansion/castle doesn't have dust all over the place? But before life can ever so gallingly inundate me with more suspense, horror, thrill and adrenaline, I think I'll take the time to, hmm... what would be the proper word for this... ah! Yes! 'wallow' towards the sea of common sense and intelligence. Why isn't there any dust on my hands? I examined closely the railing of the beautifully designed stair case, the notion of this place being haunted protruded my mind but I quickly dismissed it; “No dust,” “no dust at all.” Somebody must stop by here and clean up the place... yeah... hehe... that must be it! But life’s never that serene is it? And as scientific as my thoughts may be, human fear began to creep out of it’s shell. Then it dawned on me.

THE PLACE IS ABANDONED.

Human senses increased.
I could hear everything all of a sudden. Trees swaying with the breeze, birds chirping and horses neying. I could even see through the darkness like I had exposure automatic lights on my head.
Wait.
Birds? Horses? Lights???
I looked around steadily.
Everything was illuminated in a beautiful array of colors... (Ooooo! Stained glass windows…coloooooorfuuuull!)
...daylight...
But how? Why was it morning? Wait a minute… just now... earlier... I was traveling through the night…right? And now it's…morning? Well woo-pie do-da day!

And then.

I fainted and tumbled down 30 steps and leveled off on the half landing.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a little short, but, works for me. ^_^