He Who Does Not Understand Your Silence

Three.

“I’ve waited so long,” Giovanna muttered as she rested her forehead on mine. I closed my eyes and waited for her warmth to envelope me, but our bodies were cold against each other. “Let’s end this together.”

We held each other close, while everything around us began to diminish. I looked around us to see what the world would look like before it ended. The students disappeared and soon the cafeteria did too. The school building was erased then the valleys floated away into the air, which also disappeared. Everything went blank and the only humans left were Giovanna and I.

“Your human mind will die,” She told me softly and held my hand tightly. “Mine will too. The only things left will be the Power that’s in us.” I panicked and imagined that there was a floor we could stand on. Surprisingly, it appeared while I waved my arms frantically. She looked at me and laughed, then suddenly frowned and sighed. “Emotions will die. Warmth will die. Love will die. Everything will die.”

“Can we talk first,” I interrupted, “While we’re the last human beings on Earth?”

“Quickly,” She said. “Before oxygen dies.”

“Thank you for not making me anymore nervous,” I said sarcastically. I looked at her beautiful grey eyes. “We weren’t made by normal humans, were we?” She shook her head no. “I thought so. Geeze, the pressure of making a new universe is sort of exhilarating. Did Sleep tell you why we have to do this all over again?”

She nodded. “The being that created this world was defeated by his own creations. Sleep didn’t tell me how it got defeated, but it told me our Powers are the only ones remaining.” I shivered in fear.

“Can our creations over power us?” I asked.

Giovanna shrugged, “Not if we make as many mistakes as the other being made.” I sighed and closed my eyes. Our breaths were becoming shorter and more stressed, meaning it’s time for us to go. “I just try to imagine how fucked up this place was and where its future could have gone. It’s our turn to try and do a better job and use this as a rough draft.”

I smiled at her and stroked her auburn hair. The color in us was slowly turning grey and even that color was disappearing. “Kiss me one more time and let’s be the last to love,” I whispered and cried the last tears that were in me. Giovanna did the same. Our lips met and our bodies slowly vaporized into nothing. The soul that I carried, Ezequiel --- Feral Child, died. Giovanna died as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think there is one more chapter left.
This is the last chapter in Ezequiel's point of view.