Heart and Soul

Fifteen

Nina

Stormy could have told the story herself but I think she wanted me to tell it.

It’s easier told first person than it is second person.

…I see.

“Well, it’s kind of complicated. I went on a mission to get food with Sam”-one of my many brothers-“and Dylan a few years ago. It was my first mission and I was…really excited and nervous.

“But I was also pretty stupid. We all were,” I snuck a peak at Dylan and there was a flash of regret in his eyes but it left as soon as he realized that I could see him and it turned a little cold again.

You don’t like it when he does that, do you?

I’m not freaking in love with him!

Denial, she thought in a sing-songy voice. I rolled my eyes.

“We split up,” I continued, ignoring my schizo moment, “and I was alone. Well, I was supposed to be with Dylan but I got lost. But then I noticed someone calling for me and I panicked. I ran like a crazy person.

“I didn’t know where I was going, but I just kept running. I eventually got to a dead end, it was either get caught or climb…and I was afraid that if I got caught they’d find my family so…I climbed. I climbed for my dear life.

“But of course there were Seekers with a tranquilizer up on the room. They got me and…next thing I knew I was awake and they were calling me Storm Bringer. They told us that I could leave so naturally I was happy to get home.

“Stormy though gave me a hell of a time. She wanted to be in control so she kept threatening to tell the Seekers where everyone was. So I learned how to keep her out of control and me in control but if my emotions get to crazy or I let her, which I do now sometimes since she doesn’t want to hurt us anymore.”

I never did then either.

Whatever.

Quit making me sound bad.

Oh, bite me.

…You want me to bite you…?

…It’s an expression.

I’ll never get humans.

“But basically that’s how it happened.”
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason this is my favorite chapter...I don't know why....