Heart and Soul

Seventeen

Nina

“…Can Nina get in control?” Ian whispered in our ear.

Stormy felt a pang of jealousy but let me get into control. My pulse must have at least doubled in speed.

“I’m here,” I said quietly. Dylan didn’t even try to hide his rolling eyes.

“Make sure she isn’t listening, I want it to be a surprise,” he said.

I pushed Stormy back as much as I could.

Hey! She protested.

Sorry, Ian said…

Oh don’t act sweet an innocent.

Sorry can’t hear you! I pushed her to the point that she was isolated. I felt bad (that must have been scary) but I was fairly certain it was necessiary.

***

I picked a pretty auburn-haired girl with green eyes. (Yes I was tempted to pick an ugly girl but I’m not coldhearted…or at least not that coldhearted…)

James looked extremely nervous when Ian told him about the operation.

“I can’t crack open my baby sister’s head…”

“She won’t feel anything,” Ian assured. I frowned; I was nervous too. I never did like doctors (even if it was James, my own brother).

We ended up extracting the soul and sending it off to some planet (somehow I managed to keep Stormy from coming anywhere close to being in control, I don’t know how) and getting Stormy into the other body. I don’t think anyone was as nervous about her waking up as I was.

Dylan followed me as I was pacing.

“Nina, you’re going to be okay.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about!” I snapped and he flinched. I’m not usually one for temper. I haven’t been that snappy since my mom died.

“…Look Nina she’s going to be-”

“Nina!” Ian called sounding excited, and making me smile, “Stormy’s waking up!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Bet you didn't see that coming. (Don't answer that, Kayla.)