Heart and Soul

Twenty - Two

Storm Bringer

Shuffle. Shuffle.

I glared down at water boy’s feet fighting the urge to grave his legs hold them still. Me and Water boy where still left standing in the hall watching Ian’s and Nina’s backs as they walked away.

Shuffle. Shuffle.

“I swear to Stomer heavens if your keep shuffling your feet you won’t have any feet or legs to shuffle.” I told him.

His mouth came off the hinges, and then he seemed to regain himself and asked like a five year old, “Why aren’t you nice like the rest of them?”

I groaned I was not having this conversation with Water boy of all people.

“Because.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Why?”

“Just because.”

“Why?”

“BECAUSE!”

He paused then looked up at me and asked, “But why?”

I stared at the boy ready to bite his head off. And then once again,

Shuffle. Shuffle.

“STOP IT WITH THE SHUFFLING WATER BOY!” I screeched at him staring at him incredulously.

But he wasn’t looking at me; I glanced the way he was looking to see to forms molded into one. My breath caught.

She sad, she likes Ian, she deserves to be happy. over and over did I repeat that in my mind. But still I couldn’t help but think, Not with him.

“You like him don’t you?” Water boy’s voice brought me back to reality I glanced over at him, he to seemed stuck between wanting her to be happy but also wanting to destroy it.

“Yes, his very kind, I’ve never had that before.” I admitted.

“Does that have to do why you’re not nice?” Dylan asked.

“No.” I snapped cruelly back.

“Okay then.”

The one and only best thing about Dylan is that he knew when he really should drop the subject.

“I love her.” Dylan said looking down at the ground, a slight tear feel down his cheek hitting the floor.

My arm lifted without my permission and landed softly on his shoulder, “I know.”

Dylan moved away from my hand turning his back to me, I returned the favor.

The form then shifted walking away hands intertwined, I gulped this image was beginning to sting, burn my skin.

Shuffle. Shuffle.

“What do you want Water boy?” I growled without turning.

“Maybe we should help each other out.” He said scratching his face still looking in the other direction.

“What?”

“We should, help each other, you want Ian I want Nina, everyone wins in the end.” He said turning, a large smile on his face.

“Oh that’s a brilliant idea wate –

“Dylan.” Dylan states firmly.

I turn so that I’m facing him stare him straight in the eye and ask, “So what happens wat – Dylan, if Nina finds out that you created a plan for her and Ian to not work out so that she falls in love with you? Do you think she’s going to love you for it? Accept, move on?”

“She won’t find out.” Dylan said stubbornly.

“If.” I said.

“Will figure that out if it does happen, Storm Bringer.” Dylan says a bright smile on his face.

“Call me Storm.”

“Doesn’t Nina and Ian call you Stormy?”

“Yes,” I answered truthfully and then smiled at him, “but I like them.”