Heart and Soul

Three

Nina

I was so stunned I could barely squeak out “Hi, I’m Nina,” but I managed to. He was freaking gorgeous. He had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes and a fantastic smile. But I saw something in the back of his eyes…pain.

Something was upsetting him and I wanted to know. But of course I was thinking so hard about that I couldn’t fight Stormy back from taking over.

It’s not fun being a prisoner of your own body. It’s sort of scary, actually.

Stormy just started talking with him, as if she actually cared about getting to know him.

As if she actually liked humans.

I was too much in awe to realize that she was flirting with him. After a while I just pretended I was talking with him, not Stormy and just go with the flow.

***

It wasn’t until dinner time that I finally got control.

I pushed Stormy to the back of my brain and sat down at the table to eat. Ian sat at my right side and Dylan at my left.

I wasn’t really sure what to say to Ian so I talked to Dylan.

“Why aren’t you talking to Ian?” he grumbled while Ian was talking to my dad about survival tactics or something (I wasn’t paying attention since 1 that would be rude and 2 that stuff just made me feel guilty nowadays considering that I obviously didn’t use them well enough).

“You know how I feel about those kinds of things,” I said.

“You know what I mean, Nina, you’ve been flirting with him all day,” he said, sounding just as annoyed.

I didn’t know what to say. I wanted to say that it wasn’t me but I was afraid to. As much as I hated Stormy being inside of my head I didn’t really want to take her out. Mostly for my own sake (to be honest I don’t think even James (who had a medical doctorate) could get her out of my head without killing me or excruciating pain) but also for Stormy’s sake. I knew that if they got her out of me they’d kill her.

For some reason I felt sort of attached to her.

Don’t go all sappy on me, Stormy scolded me.

Don’t worry, I’m not.

I sighed before answering.

“I’m sorry about that Dyl-”

Of course though, while I was having a schizo moment he left, and so did everyone else. So it was now just me and Ian.

Shoot!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I suck at this, but please read and subscribe and comment, it makes us feel better. (wink, wink)

Oh and Nina's thoughts are in bold and Stormy's are in italics to make things easier.