Heart and Soul

Seven

Nina

I don’t know how someone could fall that fast. It was weird.

He’s not in love with you, he’s in love with Stormy, remember? She’s the one that he was flirting with not you, a voice reminded me. But, it wasn’t Stormy. It was my own conscience.

I wanted to admit that he probably loved Stormy not me but I was…afraid to. It’s my only chance for love around here God knows I don’t want to give it up.

Stormy was rather distant lately. As if she was too depressed to say anything to me.

She only ever emerged when Ian was around to talk which wasn’t as often as we both hoped since Dylan kept him busy.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked Dylan. I wasn’t trying to be mean but he was being really rude to Ian and was avoiding me.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“You’re being jerk to Ian.”

“Oh yes, Ian, you’re new best friend.”

I sighed, “Dylan, it’s not like that.”

“Then what is it like?”

I didn’t know how to answer him. Sure, I wanted to be more than friendly with Ian, but how was that Dylan’s business.

“None of your business, that’s what it’s like,” I said, sounding colder than I intended.

He frowned, and just left without another word…

…and for some reason I had a deep pain in my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make us smile and update.

Hope you like it. =D