Heart and Soul

Nine

Nina

Oh goody, Ian and Dylan both on a raid with me. I’m as excited about that as I am pulling all my teeth out (with no Novocain) or pulling out all my hairs one by one.

I mean I liked Ian…a lot.

But Dylan’s my best friend…

Maybe you like Dylan more than as a friend, Stormy suggested and I would have rolled my eyes if I had control of them.

I didn’t like Dylan that way I mean he’s been my best friend since we were in diapers.

Besides, he doesn’t like me like that.

Yes he does.

Shut up.

I sighed and went to meet them. I was still terrified of getting caught by the aliens. It’s happened once and it could happen again.

“It’ll be okay, Nina,” Ian said, putting a hand on my shoulder (I was in control again) as if he could read my mind. Dylan rolled his eyes.

“Let’s just get this over with,” Dylan said like the ass he can be sometimes.

…Harsh, Nina.

He’s being mean to Ian, can you exactly blame me?

He has a reason…besides it’s not fun to watch you in denial.

[b[I’m not in denial.

Yes, that proves it.

I sighed and tried to ignore Stormy.

“Nina? Are you alright?” Ian and Dylan ask me at the same time, noticing that I blanked out. Dylan glared at Ian while his head was turned.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I say, walking out of the hideout and turning around, “You two coming?”
♠ ♠ ♠
....I'm glad so many people love this story. Oh well, it's fun, right Kayla?