Hospitory.

+++++++

Brian stared up from where he stood in the crowd, watching as his heart was torn in two. She was here, in Huntington. He had a chance to make it up to her. But then he proposed. And she said yes.

His mouthed gaped open, his eyes filled with tears as he turned and and ran. Where? He wasn't sure. He just needed to get away from this.

-----

I looked into the crowd once more before getting down from the stage with Joey, but stopped dead when a familiar shape caught my eyes. He was running away. Did he see this? Was he going home to plot his revenge? Before I knew it, my feet were carrying me over the barrier and through the crowd at lightning speed, leaving everyone in my dust. I chased after him as fast as I possibly could, but I wasn't sure why.

"BRIAN!" I yelled, breathless.

He turned to look at me, and ran faster, trying to get away. I pushed my legs harder - difficult to do so barefoot in sand - and got closer to him, reaching out my hand. As I got closer, we moved into the pavement outside the beach and my feet started to hurt as they slapped along the concrete and stones. I could've sworn they were bleeding.

Determined to catch up to him, I ignored the searing pain in the bottoms of my feet and pushed even harder than I ever had before, grabbing Brian's shirt and attempting to pull him to a stop. After a few more steps, he finally came to a halt, breathless.

"Brian.." I gasped, trying to keep my composure.
"What?" he frowned, shrugging off my hand, now loose from exhaustion.
"I.. I.. don't know.." I sighed, looking into his eyes. I could read his emotions just as easily as before. Maybe even easier. Pain and hurt. Lots of it.

His frown got deeper, and a small tear trickled down his face. Instinctively, I wiped it away, and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Brian.. what the hell went wrong?" I sighed into his shoulder, letting my own tears slowly escape.
"I don't know. I just.. I just want this pain to end right here."
"I know. Me too. But.. what's going to do that?"
"The impossible."

More tears flooded from my eyes. I knew what he meant, and I wanted that, too.

But I wanted to marry Joey...
♠ ♠ ♠
One more person unsubscribed since last chapter.

Even after I told everyone that Brian would return.

GUESS WHAT?
You missed his return, suckah.

For those nice + patient enough to stay subscribed, I love you + this chapter is for you. :D

Comment + subscribee. (:
xo