Bird

Cobblestone Heaven

She opened her eyes slowly, examining the morning light. She instantly leapt up and scrambled on the ground for steady footing. She had to run away, get away from them. She was disoriented then saw where she was, her vision coming back to her. The city stretched before her, quiet in the morning light. She didn’t know where, couldn’t remember; all she remembered was darkness, cold stone beneath her as she…fainted? That must have been it. She had to remember, What’s your name? Navi. Your age? Eigh-no, sev-, sixteen, sixteen turning seventeen in a few months. Your mission? To escape those who confined you, who had oppressed you before. Your location? A city nearby ‘The Prison’, she hadn’t run that long, she knew, The time? Dawn, definitely dawn, the sun’s just peeking over the clouds. She realized her head was spinning; she had fallen down from her standing and had a throbbing pain in her head. She examined a sore wound, a large one in her knee covered in grass, twigs and mud of all sort. The blood made her sick, a nauseating sickness that was far too familiar to her. She couldn’t stand up once more, all her defensive adrenaline gone from before. She sat, closed her eyes and dreamt, dreamt of how life could be.

“Hello? Oh dear, oh dear, she seems sickly. What should I do? Shall I feel her forehead? Oh, that would be awkward. I don’t know to do, oh dear, oh dear,” Navi woke to the sound of a voice, shrill and full of excitement. She opened her eyes quickly, ignoring the blur and examined the source instantly.
“Oh, sweetie, are you awake? It looks like you took quite a hit on that head of yours. Are you alright? You don’t seem to be, oh dear,” it was a woman, feeble and old, a kind look to her wrinkled face. Her hair was wild and untamed, a perfect silver amongst the many curls. She was wearing eccentric clothes that seemed to match her personality. They consisted of patchwork and many fabrics, the woman moved her hands as she spoke and talked quickly. The delicate woman’s face showed power and one that was aged with years; her eyes were a fierce green. Navi tried to speak but was exhausted by the effort; she slumped back into her heap on the cobblestone street.
“Oh, I’m sorry, let’s get you upstairs,” the woman held out her arms and Navi hesitantly accepted, her dirt caked arms reaching for the safety. Navi’s legs were weak, unable to carry even her diminished weight. The women settled on carrying her, her arms were surprisingly strong for such a petite figure. She heaved Navi up, with little effort, the stone steps that Navi had rested on. Navi examined the doorway. It was obviously one for an apartment building, a seemingly old one, with hues of red and brown brick arching the door with contrast to the gray stone that surrounded it. While it looked old it still looked nice, nicer than apartments Navi often saw. Where was she? Where would there be apartments as this? She could not think, merely rest in the cold grip that cradled her protectively. She felt her eyes close; they were heavy with the exhaustion that always seemed to overcome her. Would she, could she ever recover?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's that...I shall work on the second chapter but please, please please tell me if I should continue! Other people often have better judgment.
Thank you.

And so, I bid you farewell in this journey called life. I wish you love, peace of mind and happiness.
Please, mou pernei tin anasa.